Lyon has been chosen to host the 8th of the series of European ITS Congresses. This city is the second leading economic centre in France and is home to major manufacturers in the automobile sector. It will also be a major opportunity to meet advanced industry, academics and public organisations sharing common interest in promoting future urban transport systems using ITS.
The facilities of the Cité Internationale Congress Centre of Lyon are quite outstanding for this Congress and Exhibition, and the delegates and exhibitors expected to attend will find everything they can desire to maximise business and pleasure over the three days of the event.
The main focus of the Congress will be "Intelligent mobility - ITS for sustainable transport of persons and goods in urban regions", paying particular attention to the following topics:
- Co-modal urban transport management
- From cooperative systems to integrated mobility services
- From smart concepts to successful implementation
- Governance and business issues
- Information and communication: providers and users
- ITS for adaptive and resilient cities