Digitising core processes to enhance operational efficiency in parking may appear to be easy, but don’t be misled. There is much more to opening and closing a car park barrier than most people think.
The key is to digitise operational processes, integrating them with administrative processes to reduce costs, while simultaneously digitally enhancing products and services to improve the customer experience.
For parking operations this means:
- Cashless payment options onsite are the norm;
- Online payments are easy, convenient and secure;
- Known customers are recognised at access points;
- Privacy concerns are met;
- Self-service portals enable customers, sales channels and landlords to fulfil their needs efficiently;
- Administrative reports, data analytics and benchmarks provide solid business insights;
- Information regarding location, availability, tariffs, points of interests, and the like must be accurate and readily available.
It's not easy
Due to our scale, we have been able to effectively digitise our core processes. It was a complex process to create a flexible, future-proof platform, that can easily adapt to the dynamic digital environment and ever changing scope and requirements. Today we have the skills we need to deal with the impact of changing customer behaviour and constant technological advancements on our core processes and installed base.
We have a strategic roadmap for future growth with digital enhancements of our products and services. Our digital projects have clear directions, are properly planned, staffed, managed and executed.
We engage with relevant stakeholders, whether they are public or private landlords, business partners or sales channels, internal or external team members. We are fully committed to doing this continually because we:
- Need their support to create the right value;
- Need to mitigate conflicting interests for timely delivery;
- Want to ensure capabilities for proper usage.
Q-Park is an international parking company, focused on value development by providing high-quality services in purpose-built parking facilities and off-street parking at strategic locations. Q-Park's activities focus on providing services related to parking at targeted locations: in or near multifunctional inner-city areas, at public transport interchanges and at hospitals. We supply services that fulfil customers’ demands, and their need for convenience, reliability and hospitality.