The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for providing financial and administrative services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations. The position is also responsible for the following, but not limited to:
Essential Functions And Tasks
- Perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
- Receive, distribute for approval, and track status of all payables.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of all invoices.
- Scan, electronically file, and paper file all payables documents.
- Prepare bill pays, track discount eligibility on invoices, cut checks, and process payments.
- Pay employees by receiving and verifying expense reports.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Track Vendor/Subcontractor insurance status: update database for new certificates received, run periodic review for expired policies, notify necessary departments of expiring active vendors, and block vendors not in compliance.
- Expedite -RUSH- and -SPECIAL- payments and return any improperly submitted documentation for correction by requestor.
- Identify error conditions and report problems to AP Manager. Notify appropriate personnel of payment discrepancies and verify correction.
- Verify and prepare check requests and approving documents.
- Review incoming invoices and payment request documents for approval authority; return unauthorized documents
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry. Data enter invoices for payment.
- Process backup reports after data entry.
- Manage the weekly check runs.
- Record all checks.
- Prepare vendor checks for mailing.
- Prepare manual checks as required.
- Maintain the general ledger.
- Maintain updated vendor files and file numbers.
- Print and distribute monthly financial reports.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years of professional accounting/AP experience required.
- Must submit to and pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Experience with 10 Key
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook
- Previous A/P processing experience is a plus
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal, able to effectively address all levels internally and externally.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic problem solver
- Reliable team player
- Ability to prioritize work within a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines and due dates.
- Demonstrated ability to complete special projects and deliverables as requested.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and fact finding abilities (aptitude for numbers)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Action oriented with sound judgment that drives results
- Knowledge of current trends and developments in equal opportunity and civil rights relative to employment, contract compliance and public accommodations.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups at widely varying educational and skill levels.
- Ability to change or easily accept changes in own organization or job requirements.
- Display high standards of ethical conduct. Exhibit honesty and integrity.
Apply for this job