The Assistant Manager - Hotel Parking is responsible for assisting the Site Location Manager in providing customer service, procedural training to the staff and monitoring all financial controls for the property. The Assistant Manager will also assist in the scheduling of team members, evaluating their job performance and coaching them to achieve shared goals for the company.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Anticipate any guest service opportunities as they relate to seasonal or business changes.
- Ensure that parking policies and procedures meet expectations and established standards while maximizing profitability and minimizing financial exposure.
- Plan, direct, and assist with special event activities, coordinating with other managers and directors as required.
- Ensure proper grooming and appearance standards of all associates in accordance with established property guidelines.
- Oversee the hiring, training, coaching/counseling processes to ensure that performance standards are met or exceeded; maintain an active partnership with Member Services.
- Ensure the safety and security of all vehicles and keys at all times.
- Ensure the accuracy and compliance of company time and attendance policies and payroll processes.
- Execute operations in accordance with the policies and procedures specified within the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and Company employee handbook.
- Respond to and resolve any guest or visitor complaints, vehicle claims and service discrepancies.
- Oversee the claims management process and ensure compliance to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain constant communication with property management, site manager, and customers/guests.
- Keep Site Manager abreast of any management concerns in a timely and efficient manner and resolve them as quickly as possible in the absence of the Site Manager.
- Ensure ongoing compliance to company safety programs and procedures.
- Utilize controls and systems to ensure that the financial goals of the location’s operations are met or surpassed.
- Conduct daily shift briefings, weekly manager/supervisory meetings and monthly staff meetings to ensure a consistent and effective flow of information.
- Ensure that parking areas/structures are clean, in good appearance, and maintained for the safe, efficient movement of all vehicles and pedestrians.
- Attend hotel sponsored meetings and Ace corporate meetings as requested or assigned.
- Work closely with Site Manager, hotel management and third party transportation vendors to ensure the successful coordination and execution of all organized group and event transportation services.
- Work with other divisions and areas of the hotel to ensure that the guest's overall property experience meets or exceeds expectations and standards.
Apply for this job
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience
- Minimum one year hospitality experience
- Excellent customer service skills (Outgoing and enthusiastic personality and the ability to deal with irate customers and resolve customer issues and/or complaints)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Type 35 wpm, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Windows Operating System and Lotus Notes)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong mathematical and reasoning skills and aptitude. Must pass Wonderlic assessment.
- Ablity to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Strong vehicle and personal safety standards