Assist the Director of Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) by contributing to the achievement of the organization's mission through efficient and effective daily operations, implementation and follow through of the departments guiding principles which are aimed at improving the organization's performance in operations and service excellence. Development and implementation of action plans designed to support parking and transportation initiatives, follow up on efficiency of the operation daily and control and monitor expenses. Effective communications, time management and timely project completion skills are vital. This role supports the university and medical center operations.
- The Assistant Director of Parking and Transportation will have fiscal and administrative oversight responsibility for the Enterprise parking and transportation operations.
- Provides oversight of software and hardware for revenue collection and control, expense monitoring, capital improvements of facilities, maintenance and cleaning of property and equipment, resource and people management for 28,000 parking spots and in house transit operations of 50+ vehicles.
- Work with PTS team and other departments in Duke University and Duke Health to enhance the parking and transportation experience.
- Contribute to the establishment of performance improvement priorities for projects within PTS to support organizational goals and implementation success.
- Oversee data creation and distribution to evaluate effectiveness of improvement through continuous monitoring of achievement levels to improve departmental performance.
- Lead team on demand analysis for parking and transportation data.
- Evaluating specific parking and transportation challenges and work on plans to overcome challenges as the department develops.
- Manage and develop reporting process for parking and transportation data to support growth of department and new initiatives in conjunction with internal departments.
- The successful candidate will provide administrative technical support to enhance parking operations.
- Develops long-term plans and strategies for parking inventories and regulations as the department grows.
- Provide oversight over all parking garages and surface lots as related parking revenue collection systems; manage contracted vendors; manage the parking enforcement program, including transient and permit parking.
- Oversees a garage maintenance and technical team as well as hardware and software for parking locations on and off campus.
- Oversee customer service support management as well as virtual attendants. Respond and field parking complaints from community; Oversee adjudication process for parking citations; and ensure team is compliance with all related laws in the city and regulations on campus.
- Assist with communications and oversee the campus commuter and alternate transportation programs, pertaining to the availability and provision of parking and transportation services and programs. Coordinate with management on the communications to permit holders and department as needed.
- Work with director to support university sustainability goals and in development with community needs.
- Oversee the Duke Transportation Advisory Committee (DTAC) for the purpose of identifying issues that impact parking and transportation services and making recommendations based on outcome to facilitate process improvement.
- Provide information on related growth initiatives, assess current services and service levels, engage in problem-solving/resolution, and assist in developing ways to enhance the departments financial outlook year over year.
- Follow and update as needed regulations around maintaining the fiscal integrity of a self sustaining parking enterprise.
- In conjunction with finance team develop parking and transportation budgets that achieve parking and transportation financial goals and objectives.
- Manage various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, payroll approval, disciplinary actions, policy enforcement, performance evaluations, scheduling, role generation/guidance and instruction / onsite oversight of management team .
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Other tasks and duties are to be performed as instructed.
Required Qualifications at this Level
- Work requires organizational, analytical, and communication skills normally acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program.
- CPP or CAPP is a plus.
- Master's degree in urban planning, regional planning, transportation planning, or civil engineering preferred.
Eight (8) years of related experience equal in scope to the requirements and duties of the position in a large scale university medical or corporate environment with direct oversight. Previous operational experience is vital.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE SUCH AS EXPERIENCE IN THE PARKING AND TRANSIT PROFESSION AS A SENIOR LEVEL EXECUTIVE.
- Communication, time management, strong writing skills, creative thinker and ability to follow up and complete projects in a timely manner.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Apply for this job