Back End Software Engineer
Who we are:
EVBox is the global leading manufacturer of electric vehicle charging stations and charging management software. With an installed base of over 50,000 charging points across more than 960 cities worldwide, EVBox drives sustainable mobility by bringing the leading electric vehicle charging solutions to the world.Just like the automobile replaced the horse and carriage, so will electric vehicles replace combustion-based automobiles. A charging point at every parking spot, an Electric Vehicle for every home.
As our Java Software Engineer, you will build and improve the cloud services and apps that support our charging stations. Your software will handle load balancing and interoperability with roaming partners. In the upcoming months we will start to improve our platform so that it charges the car when energy is cheapest, and feeds it back into the house when it's expensive, all while keeping the car sufficiently charged for everyday use.
We expect you to contribute more than just being a developer. You will contribute to and influence infrastructure decisions and automation. You will also make your colleagues better by being a mentor. Our vision is that DevOps should be embedded in the development team. The people who create the software are the best ones to run it..
Architecture & development
- Develop prototypes quickly to drive platform innovation
- Recommend technical strategy and direction in area(s) of expertise
- Build the libraries and frameworks that support large, complex applications.
- Conduct complex analysis and provide recommendations on the utilization of emerging and existing technologies
- Build new high level designs as required
Mentoring & leadership
- Take initiative and share innovative design patterns and frameworks, balancing implications of these choices on application usability, performance and maintainability
- Coordinating the transferring and retention of knowledge in the department is what you enjoy
- Mentoring less experienced team members and guiding them with your strong communication skills
DevOps & testing
- Analyze and improve efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Set up and own testing and build infrastructure
- Strong Java Core skills
- Feel comfortable with our current tech stack: NoSQL, Spring, Guice, Hibernate, Docker, microservices, various cloud technologies
- You like most of our methods: Agile, build management, continuous integration, continuous delivery, data structures/algorithms
We would be more than happy if you also have these bonus skills:
- Experience in engineering low latency software systems of medium to large scope and complexity
- Knowledge of distributed systems and memory and performance optimisation
Apply for this job