SpotHero is seeking an Engineering Manager to manage, shape and grow a consumer-focused engineering team. You will be at the helm of an engineering team responsible for building our flagship consumer-facing products. You will need to be adept at establishing good engineering practices and processes, overseeing execution of highly visible products, and helping architect one of Chicago’s most trafficked B2C systems. SpotHero is in the midst of building a two-sided marketplace through a strategic application of technology, and we need a leader who can help us execute on this vision.
Who we are: SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app, website, and connected car integrations to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
Our product development team works hard to take the complicated, offline world of parking and turn it into a seamless digital experience for our customers that is nothing short of breathtaking. We have incredibly high standards, especially when it comes to our team.
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for the overall execution of the consumer engineering team. Ship quality software efficiently, and predictably.
- Responsible for building and growing top performing teams.
- Partner with Product to drive long-term roadmaps (engineering and product) from ideation through execution and iteration.
- Partner with engineering leaders in strategic technology planning (evolving architecture, security, scale) without sacrificing product delivery.
- Directly manage, mentor, and grow a team of engineers.
- Develop training plans for the continuous development of the team’s engineering skills and product knowledge. We believe career development is an active sport; you should too.
What You Should Already Have
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science with 5+ years of experience as an engineer across multiple environments, with an emphasis on client-facing technologies (iOS, Android, Web).
- 2+ years experience of engineering management leading a few small cross-functional teams of 2-4 people, spanning across many platforms (e.g. iOS, Android, Web) built on top of a distributed system in Java/Golang or Python.
- Strong understanding of DevOps culture, programming languages, modern ops/infrastructure, and CI/CD.
- Knowledge of QA, Automated Testing, and Testing Frameworks.
- Proficient in Agile methodologies & use of metrics.
- Senior level engineer or higher level of experience in one area of client-facing technology.
What We Offer
Apply for this job
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role that will help transform an industry.
- Excellent benefits – We cover up to 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, 401k retirement savings plan, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.