When we became a company, back in 2009, we made a commitment to be a responsible developer of one of Canada’s most valuable resources – the oil sands. It’s a commitment we take seriously.
By applying the latest technology and fresh, progressive thinking to our work, we’re able to minimize our impact on the environment while safely producing energy resources the world needs. These energy resources help transport people, goods and services. They heat and cool homes. And they’re used to make everyday items like detergent, smartphones and sports equipment.
We’re focused on two growth platforms to create long-term value for our shareholders. That includes our top-tier assets in the oil sands region in northern Alberta where we drill for oil and use specialized methods to pump it to the surface. We also have a large land base with significant production in the Deep Basin, a liquids-rich natural gas fairway in Alberta and British Columbia. In addition, Cenovus has other established conventional natural gas and oil production in Alberta and Saskatchewan and 50 percent ownership in two U.S. refineries. We’re based in Calgary, Alberta and our shares trade on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges under the symbol CVE.
Reporting to the Lead, Reservations, this role manages and administers parking requirements for Cenovus, including hub and feeder parking lots as well as Calgary and all other office locations. This role is also responsible for reservations, tracking and administration of Cenovus’s pool vehicles, including those located in field locations (working together with field-based resources).
This role will establish and implement processes and systems necessary to support the accurate and efficient tracking and utilization of pool vehicles, making recommendations to adjust the number of units in the pool to achieve lowest cost to Cenovus. It is further responsible to communicate parking lot usage on a monthly basis to inform real estate strategies.
This is a contract role based in Calgary, AB.
- Track and report utilization of parking and pool vehicle reservations
- Maintain pool fleet inventory (together with Fleet)
- Forecast demand and ensure optimization of parking lots and pool vehicles
- Establish, communicate and sustain processes and procedures related to the reservation, distribution and collection of keys for pool vehicles
- Work closely with Site Services in the field to ensure maintenance of parking lots; same for Deep Basin or other assets as required
- Inform Real Estate and related stakeholders of parking lot utilization to support acquisition/disposition of real estate
- Process reservations for parking and pool vehicles
- Determine end to end booking process for pool vehicle incorporating time for scheduled maintenance, detailing, coordination of keys and validation of driver’s license
- Together with Fleet, schedule maintenance and cleaning of pool vehicles
- Support Fleet as required to investigate infractions involving pool vehicles, implement corrective actions where necessary
- Advise Fleet of any reported repairs required or issues experience as communicated by pool vehicle drivers
- Proactively manage parking allocations in the BOW to achieve maximum recovery possible; support Real Estate in generating monthly parking reports
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- 2-5 years in logistics reservations, or similar
- Planning and forecasting skills necessary to efficiently optimize pool vehicles and parking
- Leverage cross-functional expertise, strong interpersonal skills with proven success at building and maintaining relationships with others from all levels of the organization and with external vendors and service providers
- Highly organized, adaptive and flexible – ability to prioritize and effectively manage workload, ability to work under pressure
- Keen attention to detail which includes the ability to maintain a large volume of information accurately, in a format which can be adjusted to meet changing reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated judgement – ability to work within established guidelines independently, understands when to refer issues to the leader for resolution.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven success at building constructive working relationships with others from all levels of the organization and with external vendors and service providers.
- Demonstratives initiative to identify and implement ongoing process improvements.
- Strong computer skills are required – Advanced Excel and Word and experience with database systems are essential.
- Strong written and oral communication
Following successful submission of your online application, you will receive an online message confirming Cenovus's receipt of your resume. Due to the anticipated volume of applications we are unable to respond to telephone inquiries about the status of your application.
Apply for this job