We’re looking for a Data Scientist with a strong development background to join the JustPark team.
As a Data Scientist you’ll be involved in all stages of our data science projects; from concept to prototype to modelling through to deployment. You’ll need to be creative, self-motivated and determined, and to be happy to work in areas that are outside of your comfort zone. Your role will include the usual data science work, but we are also looking for someone with a strong computer science background who can act as a bridge between the data science and development teams. This includes coding practices, development approaches and the tools we use to do our work. Life here is fast paced and is driven by delivering tangible value to the business; so if you are the type of person who enjoys getting things done then this is the role for you.
JustPark is one of London's most exciting and fast-growing startups - with a record-breaking £3.7m equity crowdfunding round under its belt, on top of investment from BMW and Index Ventures. JustPark has been continually awarded for its innovation in the parking space, including WIRED’s top 10 hottest startups, Richard Branson's 'Pitch to Rich' competition, and was nominated for the Growing Business Awards UK Employer of the Year. In addition, JustPark was awarded the ‘Parking Futures’ award at this year’s British Parking Awards.
As a Data Scientist at JustPark your responsibilities will include:
Delivering data science products, which can take the form of either:
- Microservices consumed by other production systems.
- A data-model pipeline that generates data used by our production systems.
- Internal data science tools used by other teams.
- Working with the engineering team to deploy and maintain data science products.
- Measuring and reporting upon the impact of your work on the business.
- Helping to devise our technology strategy.
- Contributing to the wider team with ideas and thoughts on the best way to shape our business.
You need to have the following skills and experience:
- At least 3 years commercial experience in a technical role (e.g. engineering, software development or data science).
- Machine learning knowledge and experience.
- Strong Python and SQL skills.
- A track record of delivering software projects.
- Enthusiasm for test driven development.
- A problem solving mindset.
- The ability to work independently and manage your own time.
We don’t expect you to know everything, but It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience using AWS tools: S3, Lambda, EC2.
- Experience using containerisation technologies in production, especially Docker.
- Experience with time-series forecasting.
- Experience in customer relationship management (CRM).
- Experience using NoSQL databases.
- Experience with big data technologies, e.g. Spark and Hadoop (ideally on AWS).
- Experience working in a start up.
- A salary that is actually competitive.
- 30 days Holiday Allowance
- Free lunch every day, cooked by our in house chef - check out her Instagram: whatsjuliecooking.
- Flexible working - our normal working hours are 9 to 6 but we trust you to manage your time if something different works for you!
- Your own Macbook Pro or PC.
- A monthly allowance towards JustPark spaces.
- Generous training opportunities.
- Quarterly team Away Days.
- Early finish Friday for team drinks!
Apply for this job