University of Tennessee
Job Summary/Essential Job Functions
The Director of Parking provides strategic leadership and administers university-wide parking and traffic functions to ensure safe, efficient and economical operation for the University of Tennessee Health Science Center campus community. This position administers fiscal oversight of a program that provides a broad range of campus access with the hope to alleviate traffic congestion and employs transportation related services to UTHSC and the medical district in the near future. This position exercises management and supervisory responsibility over departmental staff in the UTHSC Parking Authority office and the issuance of parking permits to faculty, staff, students, visitors and contractors. The Director oversees the day-to-day management, and coordination of UTHSC Identification Cards and access control related operations.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Serves as director of the Parking Authority office; exercises management and supervision over the issuance of parking permits for faculty, staff and students and collection of parking fines.
- Manages UTHSC parking garages and lots; administers the assignment and control of parking spaces to include assignments to faculty, staff, students, visitors and businesses requiring parking associated with construction, deliveries, services, etc.
- Coordinates and controls the faculty, staff, and student parking lot assignment programs.
- Collaborates with facilities planning staff in the programming and updating of UTHSC parking facilities; oversees inspection and maintenance related duties; supervises personnel and check parking lot attendant operations and activities.
- Advises Chief of Police of the fiscal impacts of planned and or proposed capital projects established by Facilities. Ensures petty cash funds, cash receipts, and accounts receivables are handled according to university policies and procedures.
- Reviews and updates as needed the comprehensive parking plan that will meet the needs of all constituencies, complements, and is consistent with overall campus plans.
- Takes a leadership and advocacy role with UTHSC Facilities and Police Department regarding parking lot planning, maintenance, cleaning, signage, enforcement, and special event management.
- Oversees management and implement of software to streamline processes (e.g. vehicle registrations, and maximize efficiencies and cost effectiveness.
- Oversees planning, management, and coordination of access control related operations to include access card and database management, electronic system management, vendor/contractor management, and overall management of University access control program; provides consultation, recommendations, and advises department leaders and University administration on access control matters.
- Oversees new installations and service contracts; manage provision, distribution, and tracking of access cards; develop and maintain inventory control for access cards issued and purchased; receive and complete access card requests.
- Oversee the management of materials, parts, equipment. Ensure technology based systems are maintained with current software and firmware revisions are routinely backed up for data retrieval, and routine testing for emergency power transfer and continuing operation during power failure.
- Coordinates with UTHSC Campus Police Department for daily monitoring and response to access control and proprietary alarm systems.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Job Executive/Administrative
- Primary Location US-Tennessee-Memphis
- Organization Parking Authority
- Campus/Institute Memphis
- Schedule Full-time
- Bachelor’s Degree (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
Apply for this job
- Two (2) years of experience managing a complex parking program with a least 5 years of supervisory experience in any area.
- Background in technology Based Systems or related field.
- Experience providing security, access control support, and/or knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of security and access control systems;
- knowledge of current security, access control hardware, software, and emerging technologies; skill in operational effectiveness as well as establishing access control standards, and policies.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and support diverse staff. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Should have the skills to demonstrate proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat;
- strong English written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills required;
- ability to manage multiple tasks, work independently and as part of a team, and meet deadlines required;
- professional demeanor and positive attitude required;
- strong customer service skills required.
- Should have the ability to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, and the ability to establish and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with individuals and teams, based on respect, honesty, and collegiality with constituencies.
- Demonstrated experience as an effective problem-solver.