Lead RIT Facilities Management Services in the areas of: Parking and Transportation management. This includes oversight and administration of the department’s fiscal responsibilities and operations in accordance with the RIT vision, mission, and core values. Ensure safe and reliable parking services covering in excess of 10,000 parking spaces, pedestrian pathways for more than 18,000 community members, and transportation for more than 8,000 students daily. Responsible for an annual budget.
Detailed Job Description
- Provide leadership and direction for Parking and Transportation groups ensuring employee satisfaction, customer service, quality performance, continued education and employment advancement opportunities are among our highest priorities.
- Provide leadership, vision and direction for the RIT community in the areas of public transportation, parking, pedestrian movement, safety, campus events and student activities.
- Develop strategic initiatives for each department annually. This includes annual plan of work and coordination with the university Institute Effectiveness Map.
- Serve and represent F&A for governance groups including Parking and Traffic Appeals Board and Parking Committee.
- Lead efforts in developing and revising processes and procedures to support collaboration within FMS and provide excellent customer service to the University.
- Participate in FMS future plans: strategic, capital, sharing new ideas and continually challenging all practices to ensure we are updating with best practices.
- Lead and oversee the Parking and Transportation annual budgets in collaboration with university partners.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or Facilities Management related field.
- 10 years of management level leadership in a comparable industry such as: Parking and Transportation, Security or Enforcement, or Facilities Management.
- The successful candidate hired for this position will be required to drive on occasion, and therefore will be required, upon hire, to immediately enroll in the NYS LENS program. Candidates can review RIT's Safe Driving Policy, which can be found on page 4 at: https://www.rit.edu/fa/grms/sites/rit.edu.fa.grms/files/docs/VehicleSafetyProcedures.pdf
- High level of verbal and written communication and conflict resolution skills; additionally, must have mediation skills to lead strategic discussions for mutually beneficial outcomes for all stakeholders.
- Ability to understand multiple points of views, demonstrate customer service and inspire collaboration.
- Facilities Management Certification
- CAPP Transportation Engineer
- Professional Grounds Society Certification
- Graduate level business administration
Required Application Documents
Apply for this job
- Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae or Resume