Impark is one of the largest parking management companies in North America. We have 55 years of experience, and currently operate parking facilities in more than 240 cities across the United States and Canada. Our business continues to prosper and grow. As a result, we are looking for exceptional people to join our workforce. People who are committed, ambitious, and eager to learn. People like you.
Our continued success is driven by our core values, which are:
- Be admirable: Always conduct yourself in an honest and professional manner.
- Create positive energy: Choose optimism.
- Be a trailblazer: Drive innovative ways to achieve growth.
These values guide our actions and keep us on the right path. At Impark, the most successful people are those individuals who integrate these beliefs into their actions at work and incorporate them into everyday behavior.
Impark is currently looking for an editor to join our Toronto team for an 18-month maternity leave contract.
Key Responsibilities Editing
- Edit and proofread proposals (RFP responses and direct client negotiations) and other special projects.
- Edit and proofread copy for marketing materials, news releases, advertising, sales presentations, company websites, and internal communications.
- Provide feedback on document layouts/typesetting, with a focus on readability and adherence to brand and style standards.
- Develop and maintain document templates, company style guide and editorial checklists, as needed.
- Manage content library, coordinating with SMEs and team members to update as required.
- Provide copywriting overflow assistance as needed.
- Work independently to manage workflow for assigned projects.
- Set and meet deadlines as needed.
- Work with members of the proposal fulfillment team to ensure that team goals and responsibilities are met.
- Must be comfortable communicating with senior management.
- Work closely with the marketing specialist and the content writer to ensure that key corporate messages are included as appropriate throughout prepared materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or communications.
- College certificate in editing, other editorial training/experience, or Editors Canada certification.
Related Experience & Skills
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in editing and copywriting activities in a marketing/sales capacity and project coordination with multiple teams.
- Strong computer skills required, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and various publication software.
- Adobe CC experience is an asset, particularly Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat DC.
- Experience with Qvidian proposal automation software is a plus.
- Proven editorial skills, including knowledge of layout and typesetting best practices.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized and methodical, with exceptional attention to detail.
If you describe yourself as an enthusiastic team player who possesses a high level of integrity and the willingness to make a significant contribution, we invite you to apply for this opportunity.
Impark is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We welcome applications for employment from all persons and do not discriminate on the basis of race, minority status, sex or gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected class.
Apply for this job