The General Manager reports directly to the District Manager and Vice President and is responsible for the overall operation of several parking structures and valet operations. This position oversees a parking operation that provides both daily (self-park) and monthly parking services to the client.
The General Manager is responsible for service and controls established at each facility. The General Manager is responsible for the implementation and enforcement of all facility accounting, maintenance, personnel and customer service policies and programs.
Essential Job Functions
The General Manager will
- Administer office and accounting staff.
- Supervise all on-site personnel. Provide overall direction and supervision of all management, supervisors, office staff, parking attendants and maintenance.
- Complete or be responsible for bank deposits daily.
- Communicate on an on-going basis with client Parking Administration and administrative staff. Maintain open lines of communication and coordinate with the client, or their representative, in regards to special events, traffic control, marketing, revenue tracking, customer complaints, space utilization, proper rate structure etc.
- Attend all community or staff meeting as requested by the client.
- Submit recommendations regarding new or upgraded parking equipment and related systems, signing, graphics and optimum space utilization.
- Perform daily walk through of each facility to assure compliance with safety standards, cleanliness of the garage and operational procedures.
- Maintain open lines of communication with all tenants.
- Assist with customer service whenever possible.
- Administer and implement new hire and employee training program(s).
- Identify exemplary employees for special recognition and or possible advancement/promotion.
- Respond to all customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Keep client apprised of any problems or needed improvements within the facilities.
- Work with all on-site personnel to improve communications and other social interaction skills.
- Insure compliance with uniform and employee identification programs.
- Review on an on-going basis, staffing and parking rate schedules.
- Be available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Maintain a current employee schedule and staff the parking structures and operation as per the contract or as requested by the client.
- Perform personnel functions, such as hiring, training, terminations, and suspensions.
- Review and approve daily cash and ticket reports that are submitted to the client.
- Investigate and process all customer complaints and accident reports as required by the client.
- Assure optimum utilization or personnel and establish scheduling patterns to maximize staff efficiency and patron service.
- Prepare an annual line item operating budget for each facility and track results on a monthly basis with district manager.
- Assist managers with training of parking employees with their job duties, rules and regulations, customer service etc.
- Be responsible for analyzing parking operational trends and activities in order to continually develop procedures to improve service, enhance revenues and reduce operating expenses.
- Allocate all locations expenses and payroll per the location(s) budget.
- Consistently monitor all facilities for liability exposure and reporting to the client any potential liability.
- Coordinate spot audits and review operating records pertaining to cash receipts and monthly activity.
- Ensure that all employees maintain a high standard of customer relations at all times
- Personally deliver the monthly statement of operations to the client and if requested be prepared to discuss in detail.
- Control labor costs and excessive overtime hours.
- Follow protocol for corporate administrative procedures, included but not limited to employee relations, handling sexual harassment complaints, workers’ compensation claims, and applying disciplinary action related to the employee’s performance.
- Supervise all cashiers to ensure complaints, disagreements or misunderstandings regarding rates or services are resolved diplomatically.
- Supervise the quality of work for all employees to ensure all work tasks and assignments are performed efficiently, effectively and as required.
- Ensure proper parking, security, cash control and customer service procedures are being followed by employees.
- Monitor maintenance of the facility to ensure that is clean and maintained according to company policies and procedures.
- Monitor office audits of daily cashier reports to ensure that sales totals are reported and recorded on time.
- Monitor and review all damage claims to assign responsibility for damages.
Apply for this job
- Qualified candidates must be professional and have excellent verbal and written communication.
- Must have prior supervisory or management experience.
- Basic computer knowledge, i.e. Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Use of calculator and general mathematical skills required.