The Head of Parking Operations is responsible for providing leadership, expertise and management of parking throughout The District Detroit. The goal of this position is to lead the Parking Department in development, planning, and implementation of parking strategy. Provide innovative parking solutions which support the venues. Promote and enhance parking experience through the delivery of quality programs and services.
- Responsible for the leadership, administration, management, budgeting, planning and coordination of Parking Operations. Develops and implements long term strategic goals and objectives which will enhance and improve the parking programs in support of Olympia Development of Michigan’s mission including large scale projects and planning.
- Establishes priorities and plans that will enhance and improve the parking programs throughout The District Detroit. Responsible to look beyond existing methodologies to define and resolve complex problems.
- Designs, develops and implements short and long-term business plans and projects, goals and objectives that generate new revenue opportunities and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders and customers. Develop and implement strategies for optimizing performance with the goal of meeting or exceeding established performance measures.
- Assumes P&L responsibility by developing capital and operational budgets for all purchasing needs within the parking department. Administer the budget, develop business cases for capital spending, track financial performance, forecast revenues, perform data analytics, work with P&L Statements, revenue projections, trend analysis, and perform other analysis as necessary.
- Champions continuous improvement, including devising new strategies and new opportunities. Review emerging technology related concepts to develop and implement fresh market ideas for parking operations. Analyzes local, national and international trends and companies to identify opportunities for business improvement and present financial case for implementation.
- Maintains a consistent, high quality, customer-focused orientation when conducting business and providing services to the customer. Manages day to day interactions with partners and visitors to communicate and resolve any issues or conflicts in a timely manner. Partners with security and police authorities on parking lot security matters.
- Researches and analyzes all potential risks and rewards associated with each parking area throughout the District Detroit. Uses this research to recommend growth for new or underdeveloped areas. Develop and maintain statistical data related to parking and traffic.
- Effects change and demonstrates flexibility and positive leadership. Develops and supports a responsive service delivery model for operational areas that anticipates and addresses the needs of all stakeholders.
- Provide effective leadership in the management of assigned personnel, allocation of resources. Develop and lead the planning of staffing needs and deployment of ingress and egress traffic. Apply best management practices to all parking programs.
- Coaches, mentors, and develops staff. Establishes performance expectations and standards for all levels of employees to achieve or exceed performance.
- Liaison with outside organizations on all aspects of parking including state and local agencies to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws and ordinances affecting parking. Review and recommend revisions to city ordinances related to parking.
- Stays abreast of parking operations software and industry benchmarks/trends. Research new technology and recommend possible alternatives or improved technology to enhance the operation of parking facilities under the care and control of parking operations.
- Represent department with formal and informal speaking engagement and presentations on parking and transportation initiatives.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a closely related field
- Broad based P&L parking management experience including;Demonstrated ability to maximize revenues, Preventative maintenance/capital improvements of parking assets, Managing parking operations for deck and lot systems, Managing parking functions involving large venues, special events, residential, office and retail
- Minimum of ten (10) or more years of job related experience.
- Evidence of being a strategic thinker with the ability to develop and implement processes and plans.
- Evidence of planning acumen, analytical expertise and long-term strategic outlook with proven results.
- Evidence of a successful leadership track record with high ethical standards.
- Working knowledge of parking best practices and applying technologies to maximize service, administration and revenues.
- Demonstrated communication effectiveness in all forms and the ability to educate and inform broad audiences with evidence of well-developed influencing, persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, Local and parking laws.
- Proficient at Microsoft applications. Internet, professional databases. Evidence of knowledge of current technologies and remain up to date with processes and best practices emerging in the industry.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
Apply for this job
- This position will work in an office environment and will visit outdoor locations and travel occasionally.