Want to work in next generation automotive technology?
INRIX is a leading provider of real-time traffic information, connected car services and analytics, serving more than 600 customers in over 65 countries around the world. We leverage vehicle connectivity, advanced parking management, dynamic data for city planning and traffic flow optimization to make it safer, cleaner, more convenient and more enjoyable for people to get to where they need to go.
Not only are we working on a relevant problem which helps real people save money and reduce stress every day, INRIX is also an awesome place to work. We're located in the heart of Santa Monica, and follow the work-hard, play-hard ethos: flexible work hours, dog-friendly office, monthly outings, Friday lunches, etc.
- API– INRIX provides its own interface to third-party clients with APIs for finding, querying, and reserving parking. We’re currently in the process of revising and updating our APIs to make them even easier to use and integrate into third party applications.
- Backend– INRIX’s “Parking” backend has components for interacting with gates and sensors, processing payments, gathering parking information from various sources, and providing notifications to users and lot operators. Continually evolving and improving this application as well as expanding it is a crucial job here, and we need the best tools and practices to make it happen.
- Internal Tools – The customer service and data departments at INRIX are the customers of our own internal suite of tools. Our goal is to provide them with the systems they need to perform their jobs with the ultimate goal of maximizing their productivity and happiness.
- Operator Tools– INRIX Parking Team provides systems for lot operators to manage their facilities as well as view analytics on facility performance. Building the best tools for lot operators to get actionable intelligence is a top priority, and we will continue to expand and improve these systems with new features and easier to use components and interfaces.
- Infrastructure– We’re completely cloud-based with systems for automatically deploying and provisioning new servers. Even though we’re small, we recognize that the rest of the engineering team are ultimately the customers of the individuals responsible for deployment and infrastructure. Therefore, the goal with our infrastructure is to maximize developer productivity and happiness.
- Data Science– Data science at INRIX Parking satisfies the needs to several different customers. For the end user it allows us to guide them to the locations where they’re most likely to find parking. For lot operators, it allows us to provide actionable intelligence about the status of their business. Internally, it allows us to process large volumes of data semi-automatically and to win contracts by constantly having our thumb on the pulse of our data.
- Website – We have a consumer facing website that millions of users interact with day to day. Help us build out interfaces and improve the UI!
- Overall Architecture – Architectural oversight for both front end and backend.
- Experience with Python 3, Django, REST API services and SQL (PostgreSQL).
- Experience with devops (Jenkins, Docker), managing servers, and AWS.
- Portfolio of previous projects.
- Passion for creating great software.
- Strong architectural leadership.
- Track record of shipping high quality products under constraints
- Desire to wear several hats – we’re a small team and often have to play a diverse set of roles
- Enjoyable to work with
Nice to Have:
- A degree in computer science (or at least 3 years of professional experience).
- Knowledge of machine learning
- Own your own projects from start to finish.
- Excellent health insurance (free for employees).
- A new computer.
- Company matched 401k retirement plan.
- Flexible vacation – take time off when you need it.
- Work-life balance – it’s baked into our culture.
We are solving a serious problem that could help the lives of people all over the world!
Come join us!
Apply for this job