Interstate Parking Company
Director of Human Resources
Interstate Parking Company (IPC) has an exciting opportunity for you to join a dedicated team of professionals as our Director of Human Resources located in our corporate office in Downtown Milwaukee, WI.
Interstate Parking Company (www.interstateparking.com), is a rapidly growing, full service parking management company with over 180 locations in seven markets throughout Colorado, Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin and Indiana. The Director of Human Resources is a strategic partner to the IPC leadership team, responsible for developing and leading organization-wide human capital strategy that supports IPC’s overall strategy and operations. With over 350 employees in five states, this position plays a critical role in the planned expansion into new markets across North America. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and oversees the human resource staff. The Director of Human Resources is responsible for promoting and implementing human resource policies, programs and procedures and proactively leading the Human Resources function.
- Provides support to management and staff for the implementation and administration of IPC's human resource programs and initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Manages talent acquisition process for all company positions including orientation and onboarding.
- Designs and maintains employee benefit programs, including studying and assessing benefit needs and trends, obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids, and making recommendations to management.
- Accountable for developing and implementing processes, covering HR related issues to ensure compliance with federal, state and company human resource policies and regulations.
- Trains company managers on proper human resource values and organizational policies with regards to diversity in the workplace, candidate selection and interviewing etiquette, employee coaching, employee retention, disciplining employees, and conducting job appraisals.
- Create or identify training programs to develop and improve overall leadership within the organization to support the IPC’s succession planning.
- Conducts periodic pay surveys and analyzes benefit packages to ensure that the company maintains a competitive advantage.
- Proactively identifies human resource issues, conducts employee relations investigations, develops solutions and involves the appropriate resources to ensure a fair, positive and timely resolution.
- Oversee Human Resource Information System that supports the needs of the organization including HR record keeping, benefit administration, recruiting, benefits and learning systems.
- Leadership of organization’s safety program, including the identification of process improvements to increase the safety of IPC’s employees and customers.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Actively support the organization’s core values and develop strategies for improving organizational adherence to those values.
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures
- Knowledge of organizational and curriculum development principles and processes, methods, and techniques
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in human resources applications, including web-based training programs
- Knowledge of creating and maintaining relevant and compliant employment policies and procedures
- Excellent project management skills
- Must be deadline-driven, detail-oriented, self-motivated with a strong work ethic; demonstrate a positive attitude
Successful candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field from an accredited university
- 10 years of human resources experience, including 5 year of supervisory experience
Ideal candidates will also have:
- Master's degree from an accredited university in Human Resources or Business Administration
- Human Resources experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated excellence in presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Paycom HRIS/Payroll/Time & Attendance system
We offer a competitive salary, incentive program and excellent benefit package. Submit resume along with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Apply for this job