The Spirit of the Position
The General Manager supports the Regional Vice President with a complete oversight for financials and operations of assigned portfolios to ensure 24/7 professional parking management. As a company devoted to promoting an employee-focused servant leadership culture, the General Manager will support the programs and initiatives originating from our home office and help to support the individual needs of their operational teams throughout their assigned portfolios.
Principal Job Duties
- Assist the region with the business development, proposal, presentation, and transitions for new locations.
- Lead, direct, and develop team of employees to accomplish annual and periodic goals/initiatives, while embodying and using LAZ Parking’s culture as a guideline.
- Identifying high potential employees to support the organization’s continued growth.
- Preparation of budgets/monthly reviews of profit/loss by location with assigned portfolios.
- Develop a strategic business plan and direction for assigned portfolios.
- Responsible for developing client relationships and business retention.
- Organize and narrate parking management skills for Operations Managers and Facilities Managers.
- Understand, implement, and deliver all requirements that are outlined within the contractual agreement between LAZ Parking and our clients.
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Annual financial and operational reports as required.
- Ensuring that increased revenue, managed expenses, and customer satisfaction is maximized by maintaining the highest level of service thresholds and initiatives that are aligned with the expectations of our various clients.
- Managing, planning, scheduling, training, and directing the activities of Operations Managers and Facilities Managers which may require compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Serve as a liaison to parking patrons and various stakeholder groups who are impacted by the operations of the assigned portfolio (and vice versa).
- Implement and complete other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from the operation of assigned portfolios.
- Participate in labor contract management if applicable to assigned portfolios.
- Review and edit proposed parking, maintenance, etc. agreements.
- Communicate with local police department and emergency management teams regarding operations.
- Organize and manage the oversight of event operations within LAZ Parking.
- Monitor, review, and analyze the market rate structures.
- Implementation and completion of other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from assigned portfolios’ operation.
- Additional related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years in Management role.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft Office Applications.
- Parking management experience of multiple locations is required.
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea sharing and creative problem solving.
- Strong customer service skills and abilities.
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching conversations with employees and managers.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
Apply for this job
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.