Regional Auditor Responsibilities:
- Perform audits at operating locations to detect potential fraud and revenue leakage using different audit methodologies. Including annual visits to the high risk locations.
- Position reports directly to the Director of Operational Audit and on a dotted line basis to the Regional Vice-President.
- Provide an unbiased assessment of employee and location performance as observed during audits using uniform reporting tools and reports consistent with the Operational Audit Department.
- Reporting to the group Director of Operational Audit as well as Regional Vice Presidents on principal findings and recommendations.
- Actively participate in all Operational Audit Department conferences (2 per year) and Annual Goals and Objectives as planned by the Director of Operational Audit.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Operational Audit Department on annual objectives and special projects.
- Work collaboratively with local Senior Regional Management to evaluate operational consistency and LAZ policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance to regional/corporate accountants with various revenue reporting and reconciliation issues.
- Ensure that all operations are in accordance with LAZ standard operating procedures & internal control procedures
- Maintaining timekeeping records in order to enable accurate time and cost allocations to individual locations
- Assist region in opening new locations in order to aid in establishing best practices.
- 5+ years of experience in an Operational Audit / Internal Audit capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Thorough understanding and experience of auditing principles and practices.
- Must be self-motivated and task oriented.
- Must be a strong team player and relationship builder but also act with integrity and objectivity.
- Excellent written, analytical and communication skills required.
- Approximately 10% travel requirement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) Strongly Preferred.
- Previous Parking Industry experience preferred.
- Must be willing to travel around the region. Travel is limited to driving to nearby cities, some 2-3 hour drives. Could involve overnight stays.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
Apply for this job