The Spirit of the Position:
The Revenue Analyst is an integral part of the evolving Revenue Management team at LAZ Parking. This role will be responsible for maximizing revenues for LAZ Operated Assets. Although this is a relatively new field within the industry it has become extremely important as revenues shifts to the online marketplace and automotive technologies rapidly evolve.
This position will be vital to the revenue management department in creating its processes. Success in this role will be shown by the ability to be analytical, think outside of the box, and use data to drive decisions. The Revenue Analyst will develop a comprehensive understanding of the local parking economy and implement yield management strategies to increase revenue and drive value to LAZ and client assets. Due to this being an evolving department the Revenue Analyst will work with the Regional Controller to develop a revenue management playbook from scratch.
Principal Job Duties:
- Responsible for monitoring and analyzing external data points within the parking industry and related industries to maximize revenue such as public transportation, oil prices, tax changes, legislative changes, weather, etc.
- Develop and implement strategies through quantitative analysis of historical parking supply and demand as well as consumer and competition behavior
- Develop a working relationship with subject matter experts in the industry and within our field operations to understand the differences and challenges for each market
- Determine ideal pricing for various revenue streams such as early bird, daily and monthly parking, event parking, etc. to capitalize on consumers’ online purchasing habits
- Partner with distribution channels (online aggregators) to ensure opportunities are maximized, demonstrating compliance with internal controls
- Identify and communicate demand periods (high and low) for which a strategic plan is required and formulate and execute that plan with assistance from the Regional Controller, Marketing and Operations teams
- Proactively evaluate the effectiveness of the implemented strategies
- Provide reports on a regular schedule through data collection such as:
- Average Number of Transient Parkers & Revenue Drivers
- Contract Parker Occupancy and Absenteeism
- Parking Patron Patterns and Trends, etc.
- Occupancy Reports and Trends – LAZ locations versus competing locations
- Additional reports as assigned
- BA / BS degree in a quantitative discipline such as Economics or Mathematics or similar discipline
- In depth experience in data modeling through use of a statistical learning toolkit such as SAS, R, Python, JMP, Minitab and/or BI tools like Spotfire and Tableau, preferred with ability to make recommendations for the acquisition of such solution
- 2+ years of related experience at an airline, hotel, rail, shipping, cruise or rental car company preferred
- Ability to utilize computer programs to query data (i.e. SQL)
- Proven analytical skills, including the ability to gather data, analyze and present recommendations
- Leverage understanding of internal and external business processes to identify problems and implement solutions to drive value
- Interest in optimization problem-solving, economic game theory, and consumer buying behavior
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and timeliness
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
Apply for this job