The Spirit of the Position:
The Maintenance Technician maintains on-street parking equipment to ensure it is in good working order.
Principal Job Duties:
- Drive a fleet vehicle safely and efficiently.
- Check and repair when necessary all parking meters and pay stations, daily.
- A standard check of equipment to include but is not limed to proper operations, paper supply, the accuracy of time on the system clock, and overall general appearance.
- Verify maintenance schedule for daily projects to be completed.
- Keep an accurate inventory of parts and equipment.
- Note and report any safety condition relating to equipment or place of employment.
- Housekeeping duties to include but are not limited to cleaning of tools and equipment, shop organization and any other housekeeping tasks as deemed necessary.
- Walk assigned route daily noting and correcting any maintenance problems.
- Paint meter poles, curbs, equipment as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years in a maintenance or technical role.
- Experience in general labor and or assembly.
- Experience in an on-street or routed is preferred but not required.
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- General knowledge of the city or area the position is located.
- General knowledge of computers.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- General knowledge of hand-held devices and computers.
- Ability to handle challenging and, at times, emotionally-charged situations.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrates the ability to seek improvement.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of how to operate various types of motor vehicles.
- Ability to produce and maintain an acceptable driving record and unrestricted drivers’ license.
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift continuously throughout a shift.
- Ability to operate machinery and vehicles.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
Apply for this job