Parking Authority of Baltimore City
The Manager, Residential Permit Parking administers the Residential Permit Parking program (RPP) throughout residential parking zones in the city; leads planning efforts to create new ones; and performs special projects. Examples of special projects include but are not limited to championing legislation, managing public relations across dozens of neighborhoods, and project management on government reform projects. The position requires collaboration within the Parking Authority and across other city agencies, while providing guidance and training to section personnel and constituents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the Residential Permit Parking Program operational activities and projects of the section or program area;
- Works with Senior Management to evaluate and implement goals, improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organization’s mission;
- Create reports, presentations, and responses to requests for information;
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures; and provides management advice to Senior Management;
- Represents the agency with a diverse group of constituencies to include City Council, Neighborhood leaders, Residential Permit Parking Area Liaisons, and customers of the Parking Authority;
- Interacts with other city agencies, government officials, and private organizations to discuss programs and policies;
- Serves as liaison between internal and external entities and the RPP section;
- Perform project management including implementation of new software, program changes, policy changes, and legislative changes;
- Develop, coordinate, and/or implement projects and/or programs to enhance services provided by the RPP section;
- Conducts research; compiling and analyzing results;
- Supervises assigned staff to include managing, planning, organizing, and directing the section activities and/or responsibilities;
- Interviewing, selecting and maintaining a well-qualified program staff;
- Establish, implement, monitor and control performance management processes for all staff under direct supervision;
- Ensure employees are adhering to staff schedules, policies, and procedures;
- Leading/Participating in personnel trainings, coaching, discipline and conversations;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Supervision Received and Exercised
Works under limited supervision. Is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall accuracy. Decisions or recommendations made by incumbent impact program schedules and allocation of resources. Work is performed without appreciable direction. Will plan, schedule, and arrange activities to accomplish work objectives. This position will provide guidance and training to new and current employees and will assign work to other staff members within department.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years of related experience; or
- Master’s degree with no experience required; or
- Minimum of 8 years related experience required without a degree.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements
- Proficient knowledge and ability in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite to include Outlook, Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat;
- Ability to write business correspondence, reports and procedure manuals;
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from partnering agencies, managers, customers, and the general public;
- Ability to communicate well with various audiences, with elevated conflict negotiation when necessary;
- Ability to provide solutions to a wide range of problems, where objectives are specifically stated;
- Knowledge of financial impacts to the department and operations and ability to recommend budget allocations or expenditures;
- Knowledge of typical money collecting processes and policies of the organization that may be involved in job responsibilities;
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference;
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations;
- Ability to work a telework or hybrid work schedule.
Apply for this job