Impark is one of the largest parking management companies in North America. We have 55 years of experience, and currently operate parking facilities in more than 240 cities across the United States and Canada. Our business continues to prosper and grow. As a result, we are looking for exceptional people to join our workforce. People who are committed, ambitious, and eager to learn. People like you.
Our continued success is driven by our core values, which are:
- Be admirable : Always conduct yourself in an honest and professional manner.
- Create positive energy: Choose optimism.
- Be a trailblazer : Drive innovative ways to achieve growth.
These values guide our actions and keep us on the right path. At Impark, the most successful people are those individuals who integrate these beliefs into their actions at work, and incorporate them into everyday behavior.
Impark is currently looking for a PART-TIME METER TECHNICIAN to work at our TORONTO location.
- Installation and maintenance of meter hardware and software on-site/field as required.
- May train people to use the organization’s computer system or organize outside training programs, particularly for new software.
- Provide preventative maintenance for existing on-street meters.
- Provide preventive maintenance program for existing single space meters.
- Ensure that all meters cleaned, batteries replaced routinely.
- Maintain ample parts inventory including domes, batteries, poles, spare housings & locks, mechanisms, etc. to provide immediate replacement
- Immediately respond to meter repair requests.
- Maintain meter repair log.
- Conduct daily check of routes for damaged meters.
- This position requires the ability to work alone and therefore must exercise proper judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with people.
- Assist in the collection and security of all monies received through parking meters, multi-space machines , pay on foot technology and any other means of collecting parking revenues and fees.
- Assist event staff with activities related to parking for events. This includes but is not limited to: setting up for events, traffic control, receipt of payment for parking, and lot usage control.
- Assist office staff with activities related to permit sales during peak seasons. This includes but is not limited to data entry, collating mailings, providing frontline customer service.
- Flexibility in working hours is a requirement.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Post-secondary Degree/Diploma or equivalent experience.
Related Experience & Skills
- Knowledge of networking along with hardware and software experience.
- Knowledge of geography of the area
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions
- Ability to operate a motorized vehicle
- Ability to walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Good problem-solving skills, time-management skills and the ability to work well on their own and/or part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, listening skills and the ability to understand and explain technical language.
- Flexible, patient, diplomatic, tactful and with high level of integrity.
- Dependable, hardworking and willing and able to work after normal working hours.
- Able to work evenings and weekends
If you describe yourself as a team player, enthusiastic, possess a high level of integrity and the willingness to make a significant contribution, we invite you to apply for this opportunity.
Apply for this job
Impark is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with a Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity