- Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, refurbish circuit boards, electronic & electro-mechanical components of parking access & parking revenue control system.
- Wire and terminate data, intercom, AC/DC power cables between parking gates, tickets machines, pay stations, RFID (toll tag) readers.
- Test, troubleshoot and repair individual components of each device.
- Test entire system, composed of multiple devices connected to monitoring software.
- Assemble gate arms, mounting brackets for RFID readers, signs, etc.
- Shipping, receiving and recording incoming and outgoing equipment and parts for repairs service and orders generated by counter sales staff.
- Coordinate with manufacturers and suppliers to arrange shipment, issue bill of landing.
- Shop/Warehouse organization and inventory management.
- Diagnose circuit boards for malfunction & identify failed components of various types
- Accomplish printed circuit board component level repairs including soldering rework
- Troubleshooting and replacement of through-hole & SMD components
- Cleaning & lubrication of sub-assembly components
- Repair/refurbishment/replacement of electro-mechanical components (gears, belts, pulleys, bushings, motors, etc.)
- Test repetitively & assure quality of repairs
- Accurately document repair activities and log time for labor cost accounting
- Receive parts for repair; return ship repaired parts to customers
Apply for this job
- Working knowledge of electronics theory including AC and DC circuit fundamentals
- Ability to read, understand and follow schematic diagrams
- Knowledgeable in the use of various electronic test equipment
- Familiar with digital and analog circuitry including various electronic components
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Familiarity with basic MS Windows applications, MS Office, e-Mail, browser, etc.
- Responsible and capable of working with minimal supervision
- Ability to recognize and act on conditions in need of attention
- Willing to work overtime when necessary
- Education & military training equivalent to 2 year technical and/or engineering degree