Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Operations Coordinator supports the Operations Manager with field operations planning, organizing and oversight to ensure operations run smoothly and efficiently with compliance in mind.
Principal Job Duties:
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating the activities of members of the field operations team including daily and weekly task and work schedules for the team.
- Coordinate the logistics for event operations within the parking system.
- Communicate with staff on important information from the management team.
- Serve as a liaison to parking patrons and various stakeholder groups who are impacted by the operations of the parking system (and vice versa).
- Implement and complete other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from the operation of parking system.
- Review daily work logs to ensure field operations staff members are performing to standards.
- Responsible for the daily revenue collection process to ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures for the timely, accurate and efficient collection of revenue with integrity at the forefront at all times.
- Responsible for identifying and reporting any operational or maintenance issues that may occur during a shift.
- Implementation and completion of other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from assigned portfolio operation.
- Assist with access control machine repair as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Operations experience required, parking experience preferred.
- Experience working in University setting or familiarity with University operations a plus.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft Office Applications.
- Strong customer service skills and abilities.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrates the ability to seek improvement.
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.
Apply for this job