The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
The Parking Collections Specialist is responsible for Parking Services debt collections resulting from fines owed; and serves as the liaison between the University and the outside collection agency. The position verifies the accuracy of invoices from collections and vehicle registration agencies; is responsible for initial review and handling of all parking citation appeals; and processing of identified and unidentified vehicles using parking management software. The position monitors and utilizes multiple public communication channels and responds appropriately.
- Answering customer service questions regarding collections, parking citations and appeals via phone, email, and in-person.
- Processing and verifying collections data and ensuring accuracy of invoices from collections agency.
- Verifying accuracy of parking data, including identifying and correcting duplicate or incorrect citations and vehicle information.
- Managing parking citation appeals.
- Assisting with administrative duties, such as year-end write-offs, organization and scanning of present and past files, and other duties as assigned.
Apply for this job
- High school diploma or GED required; Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Must have 2 years of experience in parking services and at least 1 year of experience in an office environment. 3 years of experience working in collections, 2 years of experience in a higher education parking department, and 2 years of experience with parking management software is preferred.
- Successful candidates will have experience working with Microsoft Office suite and proprietary parking management software; knowledge of standard parking operations and basic auditing processes; ability to make sound decisions and communicate effectively; and skills in organization, problem solving and information collection.
- Knowledge of parking in a higher education environment is preferred, as well as advanced skills in usage of parking management software, and skills in determining correct vehicle assignment to individual accounts.