Manages the Parking Services Department at LCA or Foxtown, to include the Fox Garage, Comerica Park, Hockeytown Café, Opera House, Fillmore Theatre or approximately 9,000+ parking spaces.
- Perform managerial responsibilities in accordance with the Director’s and department's policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling, and disciplining of Operations Supervisors, and conduct colleague performance reviews.
- Work closely with Operations Supervisors, Managers, and Director to ensure the completion of necessary tasks.
- Responsible for maintaining department operations (e.g. payroll, event operations, supervisor schedules, generating of reports, etc.).
- Provide input and analysis to department with regard to developing and monitoring the budget.
- Develop, approve, and implement department policies, procedures, and reports and train staff on changes.
- Assess and determine departmental needs, provide quotes, create purchase orders, and make recommendations to management for approval.
- Responsible for making sure all event materials (signs, barricades, cases, etc.) are in sufficient supply; in working order and appropriately dispersed and returned for all events.
- Ensure facilities are event ready and Safety Act compliant.
- Assist other departments when needed to ensure our guests’ experiences are extraordinary and memorable.
- Address complaints and resolve issues with colleagues and guests.
- Act as department and company representative in internal and external meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Operations or Facility Management and 2 years experience involving parking services or event management. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with at least two (2) years as a supervisor providing formal or informal work direction.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess effective human relations and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrate readiness to undertake position responsibilities on one's own and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to read, understand, and convey technical documents, including but not limited to policies, safety procedures, maintenance instructions and operator manuals.
- Previous experience with timekeeping systems (e.g.: Timeclock Plus, Kronos, etc.).
- Proficient in the use of computers (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Evidence of problem solving ability and the ability to make decisions based on solid business judgments and experience.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Maintain a valid Michigan Driver’s License with good driving record.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Prior experience in parking industry and event operations.
Apply for this job
- Extended periods of standing in all types of weather conditions.
- Position may require stooping, crouching, or kneeling.
- Ability to lift of move up to 100 pounds.
- Position may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicle exhaust.