External Job Description
The Parking Manager oversees Parking Operations for a multi-use arena and is responsible for providing the guests, tenants and staff of the building the best possible parking experience.
Events and staff
- Supervise the arena parking staff and lots.
- Oversees part-time staff including human resource management obligations including recruitment/hiring, training, performance review and discipline.
- Maintain revenue and quality control during events.
- Coordinate deployments of event parking and lot security staff.
- Address all customer service issues that arise before, during and after an event.
- Produce, log, and distribute parking passes for events. Ensure that traffic around the facility is being managed properly.
- Handle parking requests and hospitality for preferred vendors and VIP’s for various sport and entertainment events.
- Manage the employee parking area to ensure the safe and efficient use by arena staff.
- Review reports to ensure the accuracy of the collection of revenue and expenses by parking operations staff
- Attend production meetings and coordinate with staff regarding event needs
- Order parking passes each season and coordinate with teams the location of season ticket lots.
- Create, maintain and update department policies and procedures manuals.
- During construction, coordinate with construction companies to minimize the impact on the events.
- Ensure that parking lot cleaning is performed effectively and efficiently.
- Research vendors who will offer competitive prices for items the company purchases.
- Coordinate with Security and Police Department over ongoing issues.
- Distribute inter-office emails with parking instructions and traffic advisories for staff and tenants.
- Consistently evaluate how to better utilize time with respect to meeting and other obligations.
- Order and maintain office supplies and uniforms for the parking operations department.
Apply for this job
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year)
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience
- Experience in audit controls of parking lot operations
- Experience planning, coordinating and supervising the work of staff members
- Able to multi-task and prioritize projects, duties and meetings in a fast-paced environment while remaining productive and professional.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, subordinates, and the public
- Good written, verbal, and computer skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Knowledge of one or more ticketing systems preferred