City of Birmingham, Michigan
The Parking Meter Maintenance Assistant will work under the supervision of the Police Department to perform a variety of duties related to the collection of money from parking meters and the inspection, maintenance, and repair of parking meters.
Utilizes the Parking Enterprise Management System (PEMS) to perform parking meter maintenance and file transfers; programs smart meters and data keys; and assists in the installation, maintenance and repair of vehicle detection sensors.
- Ability to safely navigate the City expediently, on foot and in a vehicle, in performing job duties.
- Ability to sit, stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and/or carry up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to safely operate a City vehicle.
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather and environmental conditions, which may be extreme at times.
- Possession of a High School Diploma, or its equivalent.
- A minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of related work experience preferred.
- Possession of a valid Michigan Driver’s License, with a good driving record.
- Ability to successfully pass a background investigation, including credit check.
Hours & Wages
Apply for this job
- Schedule averages 30 hours per week, and may be adjusted based upon department needs. Schedule may include evening, weekend, and/or holiday work hours.
- Starts at $20.00 -26.01 per hour, plus Personal Time Off