City of Charleston
- Installs, adjusts, and repairs parking meters by performing the following duties.
- Coordinates the annual preventative maintenance program activities for all parking meters within the City.
- Manages inventory of parts and ensures replacement parts for the parking meters are not depleted.
- Patrols and inspects all parking meters on a daily basis looking for possible malfunctions and making field repairs.
- Repairs, cleans, paints and replaces parking meters or defective parts when necessary.
- Tests meters for proper performance before they are installed or put back into commission.
- Removes coins from inoperable meters and transfers them to appropriate source.
- Responsible for monthly reports regarding the parking meter operation.
- Responds to citizen complaints about parking meters.
Apply for this job
- Associate’s Degree (AA/AS) and to two years of relevant experience or high school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- and three years of related experience and/or training;
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid state issued driver’s license.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Excel and Word or similar software.