University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY
Supervise operational and personnel functions for parking operations with the Transportation Services department.
This position involves on-call status.
This position has been deemed essential as addressed in the University of Wyoming’s Employee Handbook. Employees in essential positions may be required to work during emergency closures and winter closure based on the nature of their job duties and the reasons for the closure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise Parking Services Officers (PSOs); hire, train, terminate, create work schedules, assign tasks, and monitor progress.
- Maintain parking equipment and software; kiosks, meters, handhelds, radios, and LPR (license plate recognition). Work with vendors and coordinate with other UW departments. Oversee meter and kiosk collections.
- Enforce parking regulations, immobilize vehicles, and arrange for tows.
- Oversee lot maintenance; signage, striping, equipment installations, etc. Submit work orders. Maintain parking garage. Order supplies and inventory.
- Act as liaison to Traffic Appeals Committee, review appeals, and enter results.
- Prepare and organize special events; parking enforcement, temporary signage, etc.
- Data entry, run reports, track statistics, and maintain lot maps and matrices. Review citation and picture quality.
- Provide general front desk operations and assist customers. Assist with parking permit sales and citation collections.
- Remote Work Eligibility: This position provides vital support to campus customers and requires the successful candidate be available to work on campus.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required to perform the essential duties of this position.
- Individual Leadership
- Stress Tolerance
- Safety Awareness
- Work Prioritization & Management
- Developing Organizational Talent
- Attention to Detail
- Education: Associate's Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience: 2 years work-related experience
- Required licensure, certification, registration or other requirement:
- Strong customer services skills with at least 1 year of experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid driver's license with a motor vehicle record (MVR) that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy.
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience
- Previous experience in parking enforcement or comparable field
- Experience training employees
- Personnel and resource scheduling experience
- Experience handling confidential information
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Cash handling experience
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of hand tools
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to Work in a Professional Team Environment
- Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application packet:
- Cover letter
- Resume or CV
- Contact information for 3 work-related references
- Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
- Posted Salary Range: $38,940 - 47,389
- Hours Per Week: Full Time
- Job Shift: Day
- Job ID: 212386
Complete an online application and resume.
Questions about this position: Contact Elizabeth Whitt - (307) 766-9805
Apply for this job