Essential Purpose Of the Position:
This position is responsible for performing a wide variety of record keeping and payroll processing activities, including computing wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording payroll deductions, processing requests for manual paychecks, and processing terminations. The position is also responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Collect and summarize timekeeping information.
- Obtain supervisory approval of time card discrepancies.
- Obtain overtime approvals.
- Calculate bonus and/or commission payments.
- Process garnishment requests.
- Process and close periodic payrolls.
- Print and issue paychecks.
- Process .
- Process and issue annual W-2 forms to employees.
- Balance and control earnings and deduction totals, calculate and prepare general ledger entries, inspect automated system output such as registers and standard reports, determine and correct out-of-balance conditions, gather payroll data for inclusion in financial statements, and research and prepare special reports for management.
- May train less experienced payroll practitioners and direct their daily work.
- Perform additional duties and tasks as assigned.
- This job description is subject to change at any time at the discretion of management.
Apply for this job
- Must be at least 18 years old and possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- FPC or CPP designation preferred
- Must submit to and pass a drug screen and criminal background check
- Requires 1-2 years of payroll experience
- Possess basic mathematical skills and aptitude. Must pass math assessment
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, able to effectively address all levels within the organization
- Strong respect for confidentiality and professionalism
- Experience with HRIS and generating reports
- KRONOS knowledge preferred
- Ability to prioritize work within a multi-tasking environment and is able to meet deadlines and due dates
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, handling multiple tasks and work under time constraints
- Union knowledge and experience is a plus
- Possess attention to details
- Maintain a professional appearance in accordance with Company standards.
- Ability to deal with irate customers and resolve customer issues and/or complaints