The Spirit of the Position:
Under the direction of the Regional Controller, the Staff Accountant will support the region with the primary responsibility of the accuracy and timeliness in reporting corporate financial information
Principal Job Duties:
- Manage the closing and financial reporting process for the region which will include but not be limited to:
- Preparation and review all revenue and expense accounts for the selected region and prepare and post necessary monthly closing entries
- Monthly review and reconciliation of all income statement accounts
- Prepare monthly budget to actual analysis
- Maintain ongoing dialogue with Management Accounting counter-part to ensure accurate financial reporting of revenues and related expenses
- Monthly preparation and filing of region required tax filings including but not limited to Sales and Use Tax and Personal Property Tax returns
- Additional projects or tasks related to the region as requested
Education (if needed):
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in General Accounting/Finance including Financial Reporting and analysis
- Ability to function/work independently as well as in a team
- Familiarity with GAAP
- Strong command of Microsoft Office specifically Excel. Experience in Epicor is a plus
- Ability to solve problems and recommend comprehensive solution
- Ability to effectively interface with departments in order to provide accurate financial information
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness
- Detail-oriented with high-level of accuracy and accountability
- Demonstrates and encourages company culture and Never Ever Give Up attitude
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects of at least 10 pounds in weight.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat and lift regularly throughout a shiftRegularly move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly
- Regularly work on repetitive tasks
- Frequently use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects
- Frequently see details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- Regularly spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Able to perform functions that require repetitive motions using hands, wrists and arms.
- Able to express or exchange information, instructions, ideas, etc. by means of the spoken word
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make the discriminations in sound
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must submit to a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.
Apply for this job