The US spends $160 Billion per year on highways. Every new car model costs at least $1 Billion to develop. Yet cars spend only 5% of their time driving. Where do these cars spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest operators in the growing multi-billion dollar US parking industry. Founded in 1981, LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces from offices all across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
Most importantly, LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best - contact us today!
The Spirit Of The Position
Based in Houston, TX, as part of our Corporate Finance department, the Business Intelligence Analyst will work closely with our Director of Growth & Development, Vice President of Operations, Regional Vice Presidents, and IT on business analytics and revenue and yield management projects using IBM Cognos / TM1 and Microsoft Power BI.
The Business Intelligence Analyst is part of a team of professionals that analyzes complex business problems and issues using internal & external data to provide strategic business insight; identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets; and produces datasets and reports for analysis using system reporting tools. The role will require a strong understanding of operations in order to drive value for our portfolio of over 2,000 parking locations across the country. The ideal candidate will help management translate strategy into operational objectives, thus driving value for our clients and our company.
- Analyze complex business problems using data from internal and external sources to provide strategic and actionable business insights with the overarching goal to revenue and improvement of operational efficiencies across the business.
- Execute the vision and strategy for the analytics team that creates and maintains ad hoc and recurring analytics for various stakeholders.
- Participates in cross-functional teams of technical & business partners, including senior stakeholders, to identify both revenue enhancement opportunities and operations efficiencies and create analytics and dashboards to monitor trends and detect outliers.
- Leverage statistics to interpret trends and patterns in datasets to locate outliers, construct forecasts and recommend monitoring solutions for business partners.
- Use technical experience and background to develop and leverage the long term analytical data solutions and relevant analytics.
- Communicate results by developing dynamic and visual reporting that clearly communicates trends and makes logical recommendations for the future.
- Leverage strong business acumen, presentation and communication skills to create and present analysis in a relevant, consumable, meaningful, and insightful ways.
- Performing ad-hoc analysis and participate in special projects as necessary.
- Collaborate and strategize with Director of Operations, IT and senior management to develop additional analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or Economics.
- 4-6 years’ experience in an BI role with strong quantitative and analytical skills and a proven track record of turning large amounts of multi-faceted data into meaningful information.
- Experience using relational database systems (data warehouse) and optimizing SQL queries.
- Strong data visualization skills and experience using various visualization tools. Experience with MS PowerBI required.
- Experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining a database and programs to manage data analysis efforts.
- Detailed knowledge of IBM Cognos / TM1 is required, including linking of data sources, building cubes, and monitoring of chores.
- Advanced MS Office user, with a particular emphasis on advanced Excel skills (look-up functions, VBA macros, complex logical statements, charts pivot tables, etc.).
- Awareness and desire to work with complex data analytics, data products, and Big Data technologies.
- Project experience with the proven ability to work on multiple projects concurrently leveraging excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Outstanding communications skills and proven ability to articulate analyses to a wide range of stakeholders.
- High level of curiosity and investigative mindset with an attention to detail and accuracy along with a passion to learn new techniques with enthusiasm.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.
Apply for this job