Our online security is important to us all that’s we’re reminded why it’s better to have a cryptic password which must contain at least 8 characters, one character must be number or special between 6-10 characters. But what happens when you’ve forgotten your trustworthy password? Frustrating isn’t it. But above or else it’s exhausting having to come up with a new password for every website.
But nowadays social login can overcome this by allowing visitors to login with their social media account for example; Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
Here are some immediate benefits for an airport to have this feature;
- Most adults have a social channel account whether it's Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest etc.
- Social Login gives people quick and easy access.
- The Airport will be able to access more in depth user data from social networks.
- It increases opt-in rates by making the visitor’s sign in process easier, reduces booking abandonment
- Increase conversion rate as users use existing Social Network logins rather than filling out long registration pages
- Strengthens the social perception of the airport's brand.
The above is clearly obvious isn’t it? But, how does it really deliver significant revenue to the airport. What visitors need in 2015 is a flawless user experience, that is quick, easy and secure. One of the biggest causes of a high bounce rate is confusion. If a new visitor to your site has to figure out how to register before buying they will leave the site.
It’s not just about receiving ‘data’, it’s what the airport needs to do with the information and turn it into profit. In a world where at least every potential customer has a social media account for personal or professional motives it’s important for airports to include social login to their long-term CRM strategy.
AeroParker is a specialist pre-book and pay e-commerce platform for airports including yield management which offers airports a direct channel to sell parking and ancillary products and services to passengers in advance, whilst building customer relationships for future commercial gain. With 15 years’ experience in airports, AeroParker works with airports such as Manchester, Cologne, Humberside and London Stansted and airport groups such as Avinor.