ChargePoint Connections - a groundbreaking business-to-consumer networking platform
Significant advances in station management and payment services for station owners
Improved experience with a great new look, intuitive dashboards and easy navigation
Campbell, Calif. – ChargePoint announced the availability of the ChargePoint 4.0 platform for electric vehicle drivers and charging station owners. ChargePoint 4.0 is a free upgrade for all ChargePoint account holders and is now live for all station owners and drivers.
For station owners, ChargePoint 4.0 is a groundbreaking release with new features including: patent-pending ChargePoint Connections, support for multi-site deployments, and additional pricing models for charging services. ChargePoint 4.0 optimizes management workflows, allowing station owners to operate more efficiently and with less effort while maintaining tight control over access and management rights.
For EV drivers, ChargePoint 4.0 provides a new look as well as improved navigation. Drivers can now access easy-to-use dashboards to help quickly find stations, plan trips and track usage. Also, ChargePoint Connections allows them to connect with a growing list of businesses that provide charging via ChargePoint and special offers and discounts.
For organizations considering offering EV charging services, ChargePoint is introducing “ChargePoint Test Drive”, a free seven-day trial to experience all that the ChargePoint 4.0 services platform has to offer. For more information visit: www.chargepoint.com/testdrive.
“ChargePoint 4.0 represents the next major milestone for ChargePoint,” said Pat Romano, president and CEO of ChargePoint. “With ChargePoint 4.0 we built upon our experience of having the largest and most established EV charging network on the market. ChargePoint 4.0 provides a major upgrade in our software services and moves ChargePoint into the role of helping organizations connect EV drivers to their business. The ChargePoint Connections platform will change the way the industry thinks about offering EV charging services.“
ChargePoint 4.0 New features include:
- A new driver experience with enhanced workflows and a great new look.
- ChargePoint Connections delivering a new concept that provides businesses the ability to market to the large and growing ChargePoint driver community.
- Simplified administration for any station owner configuring access control or preferred pricing.
- Multi-site deployment support allowing organizations to view and manage their charging stations worldwide from a single location and login. At the same time, organizations can grant selectable levels of control over any group of stations to local installation and support teams.
- New pricing options in flex billing include combined hourly and kWh pricing (where allowed) and the ability to change the hourly rate if a driver is plugged in longer than a specified amount of time
- Advanced analytics engine for reporting and analyzing key station metrics.
- A new administration model with Rights Granting allowing station owners to outsource some or all of the tasks of managing their charging stations to third parties.
- New web services APIs that provide unified access to development resources, along with “Push Event” subscription services to improve application efficiency.
ChargePoint is the largest online network of independently owned charging stations operating in more than 14 countries. ChargePoint provides everything a station owner needs to deliver turnkey charging services in their parking lots. For drivers, ChargePoint provides state of the art features including the ability to locate reserve and navigate to unoccupied charging stations with online tools and mobile applications. ChargePoint locations may be found online and are included on the ChargePoint mobile applications for iPhone and Android. The ChargePoint Network is open to all charging station manufacturers. Stations on ChargePoint are currently dispensing over 706 Megawatt hours of energy each month, with drivers plugging in for more than 4100 charging sessions per day.