Commend announced today that it has joined the Lenel OpenAccess Alliance Program and received Factory Certification for the current versions of the interface between its security communication systems and the Lenel OnGuard access control solution.
The Commend security and communication systems interface with the OnGuard® platform and support the following value-adding features for OnGuard system users:
- Incoming Intercom calls are indicated directly within the OnGuard “Alarm Monitoring” application
- Calls and conversations are displayed as alarm pairing, making them clearly visible while requiring little space in the Alarm Monitoring window
- A smart connection allows for the signal of multiple observation cameras to be displayed each time an Intercom call is triggered
- Permanent monitoring of the logical connection between OnGuard and the Commend servers ensures reliability
- Continuous end-to-end monitoring of the call lines support stable Intercom connections throughout
- Designed for ultimate user convenience, the bi-directional user interface allows for placing calls to Intercom stations with a simple mouse click
“Commend’s communication functionality is a great addition to the OnGuard security platform.
End users can control the entire system using only a few simple mouse clicks,” says Ross McKay, Director, Product Management, Access Control Solutions, Lenel. “We are looking forward to Commend’s continued involvement in the Lenel OpenAccess Alliance Program.”
Commend develops and manufactures Security and Communication systems for protection of people, buildings and values. The Commend International GmbH was founded in 1971 and is one of the world’s largest providers of Intercom Systems. Currently 130 employees are stationed in the headquarters in Salzburg; in the international partner network 350 people are working together. Rescue forces, fire brigade, police and other security facilities rely on the dependability of this Salzburg Company as well as hospitals and nursing homes. Terminals, modules and stations from Commend for integration of speech, image and data can also be found in control rooms of the German automobile industry, in emergency call systems of subways, such as the London Underground, in many buildings for control of barriers and lifts and increase security on parking lots, parking garages. Commend products and solutions are long term investments, because they can be expanded and upgraded.