Series AF 20 Intercom Modules have versatility in their technical genes. That’s because impressive sound amplification for Public Address applications (e.g., announcements, alarm messages, information/music feeds or advisements) is not the only thing they can do. In fact, the compact enclosure houses a fully featured Intercom station.
From amplifier to Intercom station – how does it work?
All it takes to converting the amplifier into a powerful, volume-enhanced Intercom station is a plug-in microphone, button and loudspeaker. Connect them to the unit, and there you have it: instant Intercom power! This kind of versatility makes the Series AF 20 modules ideally suited for all application environments requiring both crystal clear high-volume Public Address capabilities and Intercom communication in superior 16 kHz “enhanced HD Voice” speech quality.
Highlights and functions
- Robust housing for full protection of electronic parts inside
- Easy universal installation on DIN top-hat rails
- Energy-efficient 20 Watt Class-D amplifier
- Available in cable-saving digital 2-wire technology and networkable IP technology
- Cost-efficient connection of further IP-based devices via built-in Ethernet switch
- Multiple built-in I/Os for controlling and monitoring third-party systems
- Enhanced fail safety, thanks to redundant power supply via PoE (Power over Ethernet) or the Intercom Server
- Additional availability safeguarding features, including continuous functionality and connectivity self-monitoring
- Graphic equalizer for individual sound fine-tuning
Commend develops and manufactures Security and Communication systems for protection of people, buildings and values. The Commend International GmbH was founded in 1971 and is one of the world’s largest providers of Intercom Systems.
Currently about 150 employees are stationed in the headquarters in Salzburg; in the international partner network about 350 people are working together. The annual turnover 2012 was about €55 Mill., export rate 95%.