New Delhi, DLF, the real estate giant known for its innovative development and NDMC, today launched thebiggest automated car park, “CAPITOL POINT” at Baba Kharak Singh Marg, Connaught Place. Shri P. Chidambaram,Honorable Home Minister, Government of India inaugurated the facility in the presence of Delhi’s Chief Minister, Smt Sheila Dikshit.
A unique government and industry partnership, CAPITOL POINT is designed, financed and constructed by DLF. Spread on a total area of 65504 sq. mt. and a huge built-up area of 365,289 sq. ft., the CAPITOL POINT has a total of 11 levels, including basement which is used as the Parking Bay. The Ground & 1st Floor would have a total of 28 commercial units,while the 2nd – 9th floors are dedicated to the car park for 1408 vehicles. The 8 levels of car-park cover 264,451 sq. ft. of the built-up area. The first two levels offer a premium commercial space to top MNCs and business groups in the country. International corporate like the DBS Bank Ltd., Quest Software, Principal Retirement Services and a Café, Espresso Grill are slated to open at the Capitol Point shortly.
“We, at DLF, always strive for innovative development and CAPITOL POINT is one such inititative. Based on Public-Private partnership model with NDMC, it ensures a sustained development. Connaught Place has always remained the veritable heart of the city, but have always faced space-crunch for parking. We believe that CAPITOL POINT would ease this pressure to a large extent.” Said Mr. Rajeev Talwar, Group Executive Director, DLF.
Located in the heart of the City next to the metro station, the car park will take the stress out of parking for both the business and leisure visitors to Connaught Place, one of the prime & busiest markets of Delhi. It will also cater to the burgeoning milieu that comes on a spiritual visit to the historic Hanuman Temple and Bangla Sahib Gurudwara that flank the building on both sides.
The pallets move forward, backward, left and right to allow the cars to be moved towards the lift for retrieval. The facility offers manual car retrieval option, multi-rope lifting for each pallet and free fall protection for cars on all levels. Your vehicle remains parked safe and secure whilst you finish your work. On your return you simply give your card to the attendant who recalls your car for you in less than five minutes.
There are a total of 12 ‘Parking Bay’, high on technology with car lifts, pallets and computerized control systems operational round-the-clock. The automatic system saves time spent in searching for empty parking slots and time-spend in searching the parked car. Once on the parking floor, the car pallet is positioned by the computerized system for optimal utilization of space. The pallets move forward, backward, left and right to allow the cars to be moved towards the lift for retrieval. The complete system is controlled by a highly advanced ‘Server’, with a back-up ‘Server’ of same capacity. IF the first is down, the second one starts working automatically. Taking the worst scenario, when both the servers are down, even then the facility offers Manual Car Retrieval option, Multi Rope lifting for each pallet and Free fall protection for car on first level and above. This is controlled by an entirely separate system handled manually.
How does it function..:
- As the car reaches the Parking Window, the Car Registration number is scanned and In-time is recorded. The information from the cameras is relayed to the operator’s system and a Smart card is issued to the driver. The Boom barrier lifts automatically for entry of the car.
- The Customer drives into the basement and the “Parking Bay Status” Display Board indicates the empty parking bay and Direction. The parking attendants assist the customer to position the car onto the parking pallet. The display sensors help the customer for correct alignment of the car on the pallet.
- The customer comes out of the car and walks towards the card swiping area. As the car engines are shut during the automatic parking process there is no pollution. The driver uses the instructions displayed at the card swipe area.
- Customer then presses confirmation button and waits till boom barrier is closed and green light comes ON. The Customer keeps the card on card-reader till the Green Light turns OFF. The car is transferred to the lift. The computerized lift moves the car for parking to a parking slot available on the floors above.
- The Car Retrieval System is also automated. The Customer submits the smart card and pays charges at the car retrieval room and collects receipt from the counter. The customer is able to check through information display unit the status of the request and the lift number retrieving the respective car. Retrieval on average takes 3 minutes. The customer moves to the respective lift and drives the car out of parking.
- The system is also programmed to automatically re-park any vehicle that is not claimed within 5 minutes of retrieval.
In the midst of the historic shopping colonnade of Connaught Place, CAPITOL POINT reflects the architectural style of Central Delhi designed by Sir Edwin Lutyen in the early 19th Century. The façade with its intricate lattice-work and colonial columns stands tall as a master-piece that conceals its mechanical innards. Horizontal lines in the form of decorative corbels and moldings add to the classic appeal. Accent lighting illuminates the building tastefully at night. CAPITOL POINT also pays on ode to the historic city of Delhi through large art-works that capture its monuments and architectural offerings. Created on commission, these canvases have been installed strategically in the lift lobbies on all three levels and also in the car retrieval room, which have public movement.
With its state-of-the-art Security Check and advanced Car Scanning technologies, this Automated Parking System provides improved security, safety for the cars by providing car parking solutions for maximum cars in minimum space. Combining classic aesthetics to modern day technology, Capitol point emerges on the Central Delhi Skyline as a symbol of modern day India on the road to a global life-style.
DLF has over 60 years of track record of sustained growth, customer satisfaction, and innovation. The company has 348 msf of planned projects with 50 msf of projects under construction.
DLF's primary business is development of residential, commercial and retail properties. The company has a unique business model with earnings arising from development and rentals. Its exposure across businesses, segments and geographies, mitigates any down-cycles in the market. From developing 22 major colonies in Delhi, DLF is now present across 18 states-28 cities in India.
New Delhi Municipal Council resolves to intensify its efforts in providing better civic services to the citizens and a multitude of visiting patrons from all over the country and overseas. Other objectives before NDMC are to improve quality of life provide social and community welfare amenities with public, private participation- with special emphasis on promotion of art & culture, environmental improvement, cleaning & greening campaigns to serve as a show window of "A Model Well-Planned Metropolitan City"