Residential, Commercial, DC Fast Charge, and Wireless Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment: Market Analysis and Forecasts
Across Europe, plug-in electric vehicles (PEVs) are being delivered by the thousands each month. The EV charging infrastructure that enables vehicles to charge at home, at the workplace, and in public spaces is simultaneously being rolled out utilizing a variety of deployment models and several different technology configurations. By 2020, Pike Research forecasts that more than 2.9 million PEVs will be on Europe’s roadways and that the region will have more than 4.1 million EV charging stations installed.
The top five European markets for EV supply equipment (EVSE) will be Germany, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and Italy, with this group representing more than 60% of the total market. The dynamics of demand for EVSE will be different in Europe than in other parts of the world; for example, residential charging equipment adoption will be slower than in North America as more EV owners will opt to use base power from a wall outlet or will rely primarily on commercial charging stations.
This Pike Research report examines key market trends and drivers for the deployment of electric vehicle charging equipment across Europe. The study includes a comprehensive analysis of business models and demand factors, technology and standards issues, and the strategies of key industry players within the region. Detailed market forecasts are provided for 19 European countries and seven key market segments, including projections for equipment sales and revenue through 2020.
Key Questions Addressed:
- How many battery electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles will be sold in Europe through 2020?
- What role will fast DC charging play in commercial locations?
- What role will employers play in providing EV charging equipment?
- How quickly will the price of EVSEs decrease, and what does that mean for demand?
- What role do utilities play in supporting EV charging, and what are the leading companies?
- Which charging standards are automotive OEMs currently supporting?
Who needs this report?
- Electric vehicle manufacturers
- Charging equipment manufacturers
- Building owners and managers
- Industry associations
- Government agencies
- Investor community
About Pike Research
Pike Research is a market research and consulting firm that provides in-depth analysis of global clean technology markets. The company's research methodology combines supply-side industry analysis, end-user primary research and demand assessment, and deep examination of technology trends to provide a comprehensive view of these industry sectors.