Ensto has signed the United Nations Global Compact. We are committed to the ten fundamental principles of the initiative and foster fair and sustainable business policies and practices. Through the Global Compact, the United Nations aims to establish a global code of conduct for sustainable business policies and practices.
‘Signing to the UN Global Compact emphasizes our continuous strategic focus on our work with issues related to the corporate social responsibility. We are committed to integrate the UN Global Compact ten principles within our business strategy, day to day activities and company culture’ says Timo Luukkainen, CEO of Ensto Group.
The ten principles of UN Global Compact are:
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of international human rights within their sphere of influence.
- Businesses should make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
- The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
- The effective abolition of child labour.
- The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
- Businesses should undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
- Businesses should encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
About United Nations Global Compact
The United Nations Global Compact is a strategic policy initiative for businesses that are committed to aligning their operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption. By doing so, business, as a primary driver of globalization, can help ensure that markets, commerce, technology and finance advance in ways that benefit economies and societies everywhere.
Ensto is a family business and international cleantech company specializing in the development, manufacture and marketing of electrical systems and supplies for the distribution of electrical power as well as electrical applications. We are committed to lasting sustainable development and our goal is to be the worlds leading company in green energy efficiency and distribution. Our products, manufactured in seven different countries, are environmentally friendly, energy efficient and leave a minimum carbon footprint.
Timo Luukkainen, CEO, Ensto Group, Tel. +358 204 76 6105