The BPA Executive Council has now approved the new name for the Institute of Parking Professionals (formerly known as the Parking Society) and the formal launch will take place at Parkex, 17-19 April 2007.
Mission/ScopeThe Institute's role will be to support and develop individual professionals and practitioners in parking and related activities, to raise their standing, represent their views and facilitate, develop and promote knowledge, career development, understanding and best practice in parking and related areas. It will provide a focus for the exchange of views of those engaged in the industry and will benefit society by raising standards.
AimsThe Institute aims to:
- Act as the voice for the individual parking professional / practitioner.
- Facilitate, develop and promote best practice in parking and related areas.
- Encourage and facilitate education and training and career development/advancement.
- Support and encourage all members and particularly younger members to become involved in debate / discussion and research.
- Disseminate information related to parking to members, in order to keep them up to date with new developments and new thinking.
- Raise standards in the industry.
- Improve the status of the individual in parking and through them the Industry itself, both internally and externally.
- Support the work of the BPA.