Don't miss a rare opportunity to immerse yourself in the latest smart parking technology and innovative approaches to municipality parking at IPI's first Municipal (Smart) Parking Symposium and luncheon on Sunday, June 1, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Gaylord Texan Resort & Conference Center in Grapevine, Texas (suburban Dallas).
The Municipal (Smart) Parking Symposium precedes the opening of the 2014 IPI Conference & Expo, and is free to those with full or Sunday conference registration.
Municipality sector members and equipment and technology providers are encouraged to attend.
The luncheon program includes:
- Introduction to the Smart Parking Alliance (Speaker: Shawn Conrad, CAE, executive director, IPI
- Smart Parking: What's Ahead for Cities (Speakers: Laurens Eckelboom, EVP business development, Parkmobile, and David Cummins, sr. VP and managing director, Xerox State and Local Solutions, co-chairs IPI's Smart Parking Alliance™.
- Results of IPI/American City and County Magazine Municipality Research Project (Luncheon speaker: Bill Wolpin, associate publisher and editorial director, American City and County magazine)
- Muni Parking: Real Solutions for Five Real Cities--Case studies and lessons learned, lively discussion, and panel (Moderator: Marina Leight, associate publisher, Governing magazine)
- Dialogue and Discussion: Next Steps for Integrating Smart Parking and the Future of Cities
Dallas-area local government and transportation officials, urban planners, architects, and business community members may attend the Municipality Symposium for a special registration fee of $99, which includes a next-day pass to the Expo hall.
The Municipality (Smart) Parking Symposium is sponsored by IPI's Smart Parking Alliance™ (SPA), which provides a forum for IPI supplier members to share thoughts, ideas, and expertise with the overall goal of providing support for the Parking Matters® initiative and IPI's mission to advance the parking profession. SPA is comprised of representatives from companies that provide equipment, products, and services to the parking industry.