The new Short Mid Range UHF RFID antenna from Kathrein RFID with circular polarization and a
beamwidth of 100° is the new addition to the existing Mid Range antenna series.
As a supplement to the proven Mid Range antenna, whose read range covers up to 2m, the S-MiRa antenna is
especially designed for the range between 10 cm and 1 m. Due to the innovative application of the
physical mechanism of action on UHF antennas for the first time, robust solutions for industrial use
and scalable adjustment of the read range over the transmission level are now possible.
Needless to say, this antenna from Kathrein RFID also fulfills the IP67 protection category for water
tightness making it suitable for outdoor use. The unit also features the same compact dimensions
and the proven TNC connection socket so that the user can simply integrate it into an existent or
newly set-up RFID identification system.
The S-MiRa antenna is now available (Order no. 52010172) and is especially suitable for use in
forklifts and in conveyor technology.
• Compact design
• Frequency range 865 – 928 MHz
• Typ. read range*): 0.2 to 1 m
• Integration into applications where space is limited
• Different transponder types possible
• Suitable for application in industrial environments
• Application in transition sector between near-field and far-field applications
• For bulk and single-tag applications
• High IP 67 protection class
• Suitable for outdoor application
*) Depending on tag properties, environment and requirements