Manchester Airport and Scheidt & Bachmann (S&B) are delighted to jointly announce that the contract for the re-equipping of the airports entire estate of parking control systems has been awarded to S&B.
The award follows many months of detailed evaluation involving bids from the worlds leading car park systems suppliers. The airports multi-million pound investment will provide over 250 field units to control more than 30 of the airports car parks. S&B will be supplying an integrated control system to manage pre-booked and roll-up parkers for Manchesters three terminals in both short and long stay operations. In addition, the system will extend to VIP and valet parking operations, staff and service partner parking, and bussing access control. The project will also include for space detection systems in each of the three short stay car parks, indicating vacant spaces and speeding customers to them. The final stage of the project will involve a Taxi Management System to enable a more efficient deployment of taxis to the Terminal forecourts to service passenger demand.
As part of this significant investment into improved customer service and security, Manchester Airport have chosen many of S&Bs latest technical features including:
- Abolishing the use of paper tickets by using re-cyclable smart chip coins. Through the use of this increasingly popular parking medium, Manchester Airport will save the need for tens of millions of single-use paper tickets over the coming years.
- Green Efficient Automatic Payment Stations which power down when not in use, reducing power consumption, running costs and underling the Airports commitment to achieving its carbon reduction targets.
- Use of Automatic Payment Stations specifically designed for use by disabled parkers.
- More use of Chip & PIN, providing more ways for secure payments.
- Extensive use of Automatic Number Plate Recognition to speed the flow of pre-booked motorists and allow more options for the Airports 19,000 staff and service partners when parking.
- S&Bs latest entervo software suite with open interfaces and web-client technology running as virtual machines.
- Complimentary barcode functionality to support pre-booking and act as a springboard for Partner and promotional schemes.
- The Project will commence in April 2012 and is due for completion in 2013.
Manchester Airports Group (MAG) is the UKs largest domestically-owned airport operator, with four airports Manchester, East Midlands, Bournemouth and Humberside serving almost 23 million passengers a year. The airports arent just popular, theyre multi-award-winning. Manchester Airport has won prestigious industry recognition for customer service, and holds the title of Best UK Airport.
Scheidt & Bachmann
Scheidt & Bachmann is celebrating its 140th year as a family owned company specialising in transportation systems. Its four divisions specialise in designing and producing innovative control systems in parking, rail ticketing, petrol forecourt systems and railway signalling. It has a presence in over 60 international markets and employs over 2,000 staff.