In a section of the town of Lyssach (Switzerland), inhabitants and visitors can now look forward to a new parking guidance system. Wireless in-ground sensors on more than 100 parking spaces detect the occupancy status (free / occupied) in real time and transmit the data to dynamic signposts and to the intelligent software "ParkGard Control Center".
By linking the software of MSR-Traffic with ticket machines, the local staff can also check at any time,
• whether parking spaces are still free,
• whether parking spaces have recently been occupied, are not paid, but the payment period has not yet expired,
• whether parking spaces are occupied and paid,
• whether parking spaces are occupied and not paid but the payment period has already expired,
• how often a parking lot was used without payment.
The combination of these technologies allows the operator to save personnel costs, minimize parking ticket violations, and maximize parking utilization.