The National Parking Association (NPA) today announced that it has elected new officers to its Board of Directors. The new officers, elected for two-year terms, lead a 19-person Executive Committee of the Board of Directors charged with governing the association and performing executive leadership duties as part of this trade association, which was founded in 1951.
"We are delighted to announce the selection of NPA's national officers," said Christine Banning, NPA president. "These NPA Board leaders are some of the parking industry's most experienced and accomplished leaders. Each will play a vital role in shaping our industry's future."
The NPA's new officers are:
The NPA's new officers are:
- Chairman: John E. "Jed" Hatfield, CPP, president of Colonial Parking, Inc., of Wilmington, Del. Hatfield will establish the vision, advocacy agenda and professional development focus of the association, and will lead an industry wide effort to elevate business, community, industry and government outreach around the economic and policy issues facing the parking industry today. Hatfield leads a family-owned business with more than 40 parking facilities, 285 employees and management operations in the Wilmington, Del., and Delaware County and Philadelphia, Pa., areas. He has significant experience with the design and construction review, as well as initial implementation of parking control systems. He has been actively involved in the design, construction and management of several major garages. Hatfield lives in Media, Pa., with his wife and children.
- Vice Chairman: Tim Leonoudakis, CEO of City Park of San Francisco, Calif. Leonoudakis is a native San Franciscan who holds a bachelor's degree in architecture from the University of California at Berkeley. City Park is the largest parking and transportation company in the Bay Area, with 75 garages and 450 attendants parking 13,000 cars per day. Leonoudakis and his family live in San Rafael, Calif.
- Vice Chairman: Mark Muglich, president of Ampco System Parking of Los Angeles, Calif. Muglich has been with Ampco since 1993. With more than 40 years of experience in the parking industry, he leads Ampco's management of more than 2,000 office and multi-use parking operations across the country. Ampco provides parking and transportation services for a wide variety of facilities, including airports, colleges and universities, commercial offices, hotels, retail complexes, sports and entertainment venues, and hospitals and medical centers. Muglich resides in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Vice Chairman: Robert Zuritsky, president, Parkway Corporation, Philadelphia, Pa. Parkway is an industry leader in the areas of real estate development, parking management, and parking technology. Zuritsky holds a bachelor's degree in finance from the University of Maryland and a master's degree from Temple University. He is a member of the Philadelphia's Executive Board of the Urban Land Institute and is President of the Philadelphia Parking Association. He is also active in the Young Presidents' Organization. Zuritsky lives in the Philadelphia area with his wife and children.
- Secretary: Nicolle Judge, president of SkyPark of San Francisco, an off-airport parking facility serving San Francisco International Airport. SkyPark offers indoor and outdoor valet parking with complete car care services at its 1,800 spaces. Judge has been with SkyPark since it was founded in 1987. She has served on NPA's Executive Committee since 2008; sits on the Advisory Committee of the Bay Area Women and Children's Center in San Francisco; and has served on the board of the Bay Area Business Travel Association. Judge lives in Discovery Bay, Calif., with her husband.
- Treasurer: John Udelson, CPP, president and founder of Curbside Hospitality of Beverly, Mass. Udelson founded Curbside, Inc. in 1997 to provide hospitals and other healthcare organizations hotel-caliber valet parking and greeting services. Over time he expanded Curbside's services to include garage management, shuttle, concierge, surgical liaison, transport and info desk. Curbside provides services to more than 80 hospitals and other healthcare systems across the country. Udelson serves on the board of the National Valet Parking Association and is a member of the International Association for Healthcare Security & Safety and the Young Presidents Organization. He lives in Boston's South End.