After more than 10 years of strong cooperation with the Berlin police department, Schweers recently won the public tender for new mobile computers to manage the Citys on street parking. This was seen as a large vote of confidence from the City of Berlin for the level of support from Schweers and reliability of the terminals to finally be replaced.
Distinguishing FeaturesOn receipt of the order at the end of March 2006, Schweers began working to a very tight timetable. The 469 new X600 mobile computers had to be produced and installed within a few weeks. In addition, the existing operations were not to be disturbed at any time. The new installation in Berlin was to include, amongst other thing:
- Fully integrated 3 inch thermal printer
- IP capable charging and communications cradels
- Operations in 12 decentralised districts plus 1 head office
- Each district capable of concurrently transferring the data
- Special encryption systems for data security
- Multiple access to the server via remote workgroup stations
- District specific cases and reports
- Summary of all data at the central server
- Processing of up to 5 million citations per year
All mobile computers have been equipped with the same Politess software with defined user access rights ensuring that each user only gets access to the relevant, district specific data.
All of the important configuration fields in the system is updated on the mobile computers daily via the integrated transfer protocols. These fields include:
residential parking IDs and
stolen registration numbers
By using IP communication protocols, this can be modified and administered quickly and easily in the head office before going out to all the terminals at a pre-determined time.