Parkeon has supplied an additional 220 solar-powered Strada parking payment terminals this year to NSL Services, the UK’s largest provider of on-street parking management.
The new machines are being installed in 55 car parks operated by the Roads Service in Northern Ireland (NI). 29 were previously managed via manned kiosks, while the remaining 26 changed from free to Pay & Display (P&D).
The sites are managed by NSL on behalf of the Department for Regional Development Roads Service, which is the sole Road Authority in NI, responsible for public roads, footways, bridges, street lights and public car parks.
NSL has now installed nearly 700 Parkeon Stradas throughout NI. It was originally appointed to manage enforcement and on and off-street parking when Roads Service assumed responsibility for civil enforcement following the decriminalisation of parking seven years ago.
The new off-street terminals have been added to Parkeon’s Parkfolio centralised management solution, originally installed in NSL’s Belfast office to monitor the on-street parking estate.
“We continue to use Parkfolio primarily to monitor the operational status of the machines and it’s very easy to navigate”, explained Andrew Bradley, NSL’s Account Director for the NI contract, “If someone calls claiming that they have encountered a problem with a machine, we are able to check it out immediately on a PC.”
Parkfolio also generates financial and statistical reports, which are accessed via the web, to help NSL manage its whole NI operation.
Simon Richardson, Head of Engineering Parking Services with Roads Service, is impressed with the performance of the Stradas. He said, “We know these terminals operate extremely well and I am happy with the level of service they are providing to our customers. The total down time due to operational faults is minimal; consequently we have received very few complaints from the public.”
NSL has opted for coin-only Strada Transfer terminals with transferable cash boxes for maximum security.
NSL delivers services in regulated public environments, where we provide the expertise to develop, resource, and manage complex outsourced services to achieve our clients’ outcomes.
NSL employs more than 4,600 people and has over 100 offices throughout the UK.
NSL provides tailored solutions for the following sectors:
- Local Government – CCTV monitoring control centres, and off-street enforcement services; NSL is the UK’s biggest employer of Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs), Parking Attendants, and Traffic Attendants. NSL manages over 500 car-parks and delivers effective traffic management enforcement services for most of the UK’s major cities, including Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Belfast, and London – where NSL works in partnership with 18 Boroughs. CCTV Monitoring control centres.
- Health – non-emergency and specialist patient transport services. Car park management. Transport logistics and planning.
- Airports – Passenger transport and related services.
- Central Government – identity validation solutions, and back office business processing operations, including Shared Service Centres in Croydon, Coventry and Oldham for Transport for London (TfL), Local Government and the NHS.
- Consultancy – NSL provides a wide range of consultancy services, including parking design, traffic modelling, urban design and road safety engineering.
- NSL is an Investor in People Champion, and was awarded an Investor in People GOLD Award, joining the top 2% of UK organisations to have achieved the prestigious standard, which is given only to organisations who can demonstrate excellence in developing and supporting their staff.
About Roads Service
Roads Service is the sole Road Authority in Northern Ireland, responsible for public roads, footways, bridges, street lights and public car parks.
Parkeon is a key player in the area of urban mobility. By offering a unique range of solutions for parking management and transport ticketing, Parkeon now has operations in 55 countries and is accelerating growth in the emerging markets in Eastern Europe, Asia and South America. Its capacity to innovate continually is demonstrated every day. Parkeon systems and equipment are facilitating mobility in more than 3,000 cities. Parkeon employs over 1,000 staff across the world and its turnover was €175 million in 2012.
Parkeon Limited, 10 Willis Way, Poole, Dorset BH15 3SS, U.K.
Tel: 01202 339494 Fax: 01202 667293 Web: www.parkeon.com
Parkeon media contact: Terry Walsby – Tel: 01344 309946