Sika is known as a reliable building material manufacturer for parking garages. Its roofing and flooring systems are durable and have long life expectation, which provides benefits to the owners or operators of the parking garages. In 2017 the expansion project of Park+Ride facility in Baden, Austria has used Sika’s systems.
In order to solve the parking space shortage problem around the Baden railway station, a new Park + Ride facility with more than 550 vehicle parking spaces and a covered double-layer bicycle parking station with 160 parking spaces was built. The new multi-storey car park has four floors, and the top level is also covered with a roof. The flat roof over the ramp is used to install modern photovoltaic system. In order to get access to this solar system, maintenance paths were planned around the PV panels.
- Tough flooring system with high mechanical resistance and high crack bridging abilities
- Resistance to petrol and diesel fuels, engine oils, urea solutions, saturated saline solutions and lubricants in
- accordance with the construction and testing principles of the Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik
- UV resistance
- Long life expectation of the roofing system
- Non-slip and weather-resistant walkways on the roof
- to be able to access the photovoltaic system
- The specified Sikafloor® parking garage flooring systems are approved by the OS 11b of the German Standard for Reinforced Concrete 2001 (DAfStb)
- For the roof of ramps is protected by a roofing system using high quality Sarnafil® TPO membrane which is a multilayer membrane with special reinforcement material
- The membrane has in addition UV resistant formulation and glass fibre mat inlay
- Required by the architectural design, the roofing system for roof above the the bicycle is a fully self-adhered roofing system.
- None of the roofing systems used in this building has a negative impact on the environment or the human health because they have no emissions to the surrounding environment
- The Sarnafil® TPO roofing system is durable and has a long life expectation
- Special FPO pads are used to create the maintenance paths on the roof
Parking garage flooring system:
- Sikafloor® Multiflex PB-51
- Sarnafil® TS 77-18 (roof of the ramp)
- Sarnafil® TG 76-18 EL FSA (roof of the bicycle parking station)
- Sarnafil® Walkway (paths around the PV panels)
- Sikaflex® PRO-3 (roof joint sealing)
Sika is a specialty chemicals company with a leading position in the development and production of systems and products for bonding, sealing, damping reinforcing, and protection in the building sector and the motor vehicle industry. Sika has subsidiaries in more than 90 countries around the world and manufactures in over 160 factories.