Safety and comfort at Salzburg Airport are not only in air travel the first priority, but this is also true with regard to the parking management system at Austria's largest regional airport. Together with the Salzburg access system professional SKIDATA, the new parking system was introduced at the airport at today's press conference.
With over 1.8 million passengers per year, an airport needs not only a perfect infrastructure for air service vehicles, but also for the parking areas for passenger and visitor vehicles. Those arriving by car want to park their vehicles safely, quickly, and easily near the airport terminals. In order to meet the needs of both current and future airport guests successfully, the result of a technically complex bidding process was the decision by Salzburg Airport for the parking systems from the access experts SKIDATA. In addition to the access systems at the airport, the future internet booking platform for parking reservations has been fully revised to meet the specific needs of the customers. Passengers will be able, for example, to reserve their parking space conveniently online from home or will be directed to an available space at the airport via an intelligent guidance system.
"For the optimization of the passenger and visitor parking areas we have found a competent partner with SKIDATA. Overall, the airport subsidiary CARPORT has invested over 1 million euros in the new parking system. We are very pleased that we were able to engage a Salzburg company. SKIDATA has a very good worldwide reputation, which harmonizes perfectly with our understanding of quality," says Andreas Rösslhuber, Head of Non-Aviation at the airport in Salzburg and who simultaneously serves as General Manager of Carport Parking Management Ltd.
Co-General Manager Erich Foidl was extremely pleased with the smoothness and punctuality of the installation phase.
Furthermore, Hugo Rohner, CEO of SKIDATA AG: "We are pleased about the equipping of Salzburg Airport with our parking solution and the upcoming, long-term partnership. For SKIDATA it is important to not only look at short-term success. We would like to provide our partners with a carefree all-round service over many years."
CARPORT – Parking 4.0
Parking has been available at Salzburg Airport since its founding 90 years ago in 1926, when the first connections were possible from Salzburg to Munich via Bad Reichenhall. A milestone was set by the airport with the building of its parking garage, which opened in time for the start of the peak holiday season on July 1, 1994. Even then it was clear that with the increasing number of passengers the need for quality parking areas in the immediate airport area would increase. Meanwhile, 636,992 vehicle accesses can be recorded per year at Salzburg Airport. 85% of the parking facilities at the airport have been operated since 2001 by airport subsidiary CARPORT (the remaining 15% being operated by CONTI PARK).
Parking at Salzburg Airport
With the new SKIDATA parking system, Salzburg Airport can take advantage of the latest technologies in access management to provide its guests with superior comfort when parking. Using the Parking-Page of the Salzburg Airport at parken.salzburg-airport.com, guests can get information concerning rates and, expected in the 4th quarter of the year, can reserve their parking space long before their trip online. Seasonal promotions and packages specially tailored to vacationers make parking at Salzburg Airport more attractive than ever.
To help find a parking space as quickly as possible, the integrated parking guidance system uses large signs at the entrance to each parking level to display the number of parking spaces currently available on that level. Along with these services, the installation included new columns, cash machines, and in selected parking areas new barriers - a special development of barrier arms with LED scrolling text for the option of providing additional information. The replacement of the parking system was completed in close cooperation with the airport’s own IT department. In order to be able to react quickly to all future challenges, the airport also completed a 10-year maintenance contract with SKIDATA.
SKIDATA is an international leader in the field of access solutions and their management. Almost 10,000 SKIDATA installations worldwide in ski resorts, shopping centers, major airports, municipalities, sports stadiums, trade shows, and amusement parks provide secure and reliable access and entry control for people and vehicles. SKIDATA places great value in providing solutions that are intuitive, easy to use, and secure. The integrated concepts of SKIDATA solutions help clients optimize performance and maximize profits. SKIDATA Group (www.skidata.com) belongs to the publicly traded Swiss Kudelski Group (www.nagra.com), a leading provider of digital security solutions.